Seeking Ostomy Amigo owners or photos

Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi gang,

Did anybody buy an Ostomy Amigo? I'm not sure they even got any product out the door before they went under, but I found a pic of it online and I really want to copy it for myself. If you have one, can you let me know? If you don't want to lend it to me, I'd just like to see some more pics of it. Here's a link with a review that I found, including a video.

Regards,

Bob

https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-amigo-review/

warrior

Sit tight, amigo. Your belt(s) - sleathis coming via USPS.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,579 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi warrior......roger that! Thanks!

This Ostomy Amigo is a bit different from the Stealth Belt. It's not a support belt, but more of a way to hide your bag by making it look like a hip wallet. I'm not sure if it ever made it to market, which is why I'm curious to see if anyone has one. Anybody?

Regards,

Bob

Bill

Hi Bob.

Great ideas are sometimes not really viable as a commercial proposition but that doesn't mean that they are not still great ideas!

Best wishes

Bill

w30bob

Hi Bill,

Exactly. The Amigo may have some features I'd like to incorporate into a custom belt I make for myself. So looking at what's been done may also trigger some more good ideas. Seems there's a decent amount of interest in ostomy products, but you have to touch/feel/hold in your hand and even try out to see what makes sense for you. I'm looking to combine the best features of each into what would work best for me. For example, I like the support a Stealth Belt claims to give, but don't want to wear a 5" band of anything around my waist all day. What I need when out and about is mostly something to cover my bag so when I reach or jump it isn't exposed. I'm not too concerned when I wear an opaque bag, but I rarely do. I usually wear the semi-transparent (now fully transparent....thanks Hollister) bag. Concealment is good, but nothing is stealthier than being in plain sight but looking like something else. That's what I like about the Amigo........looks like a fairly typical hip wallet (or whatever you call it), so I can simply embroider a Nike swoosh logo on it and no one will ever know there's a bag of shit in there instead of a few bucks and some coins. No support in that design, but maybe I can merge the two........maybe not. But I'd still like to see everything available and judge firsthand. But you're right.......there were/are probably a lot of good ideas that never made it, or will make it, into production. And for that, we all lose, but that's life.

Regards,

Bob

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
lovely

I was curious and watched the video. I have seen several different ones from that same guy about different things. When you called it a hip bag, I thought about a purse snatcher. I could picture one running up and grabbing it. Wouldn't they get a big surprise when they realized they had a bag of poop? LOL. Sorry, sometimes my imagination runs wild.

Newbie Dana

I'm so sorry. I had this awful vision of somebody mugging you for your "hip wallet" and the inevitable consequences ... (Let the punishment fit the crime - the thief ends up getting away with the poop instead of the loot!)

w30bob

Ladies,

No need to be sorry, it could happen I guess. Hip wallets are pretty tough to get off someone, having a belt and snap closure, unlike a wallet that can be pick-pocketed. But I guess at gunpoint that's a different matter. You probably saw I live in Maryland, near DC and Baltimore.........but I'm in a rural area that's pretty much crime-free. But now that you mention it...........the last time I went to an Orioles game in Baltimore I did end up getting into a fight with some A-hole fans that wouldn't stop spewing profanities throughout the entire game. Hmmmm........guess when I venture away from home I'd need to keep a "backup" in the car. Or maybe better yet........instead of embroidering an Adidas logo or something hip on the outside, I could embroider "Pet Tarantula - Do Not Put Hand in Pouch".

;O)

Have a great one,

Bob