Finally Found the Perfect Ostomy Ring Size!

Replies
Views
xnine

On my last order, I took a better look at all the rings on the shelf. There were a lot of them. What I found was Brava rings with a 27 mm hole ref: 12037. Just my size. No more stretching and pulling to get a fit. I always had a hard time keeping the hole round. Just have to see how they do, how long they last. I was thrilled, just had to tell everyone.

newyorktorque

I hope they work well for you. My stoma is huge, so regardless, I have to stretch them out to an oval shape. I like the Adapt cerarings as they contain ceramide, which has skin protective properties. I use two; one around the hole I cut on the bag and the other stretched out over my stoma.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,592 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi X,

So ostomy rings excite you, eh? Well... good for you. I'm like Torquey in that I need to stretch my ring out to fit my oval-shaped stoma. I also leave one part of the ring thicker than the rest of it to compensate for where my stoma exits right at skin level. If you're having trouble finding rings in your exact size, what you can do is find a piece of pipe/tubing, etc., that has the exact diameter you want for the ID of your ring. Then bevel the end of the pipe/tube to make a knife edge and use it as a cookie cutter on any ring with a slightly smaller ID than what you need. Instant perfect circle!

Glad you found your perfect ring!!

Regards,

Bob

lovely

This may sound like a crazy question to those who use them. What do you use these rings for?

w30bob

Hi Lovely,

We're talking about the soft pliable barrier rings that you put over your stoma to seal the stoma to the barrier/wafer. Hollister calls them ADAPT Rings and each company has something similar. The Hollisters come in one size (I think) so you have to stretch or change its shape if your stoma is bigger or not perfectly round. X is looking for something that he doesn't have to mess with... something he can just take out of the package and it fits his stoma without stretching or molding it in any way.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bob

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
britathrt60

I use Covatec mouldable flanges. I still cut around the hole to make it bigger. Then I use stomahesive paste around the hole flattened down with a bit of water on my finger. Works great for me for the most part. I have never used barrier rings, but it's good to know what's available for the future, just in case.

Ange

xnine

Ok, I got 8 days. I think I could have gotten more, but I was shoveling snow yesterday and raised quite a sweat.

w30bob

8 days? Wow. If I could go 8 days without replacing my barrier/ring, I'd forget to change it. I change mine every other day, but could get another day out of it if I had to.

Regards,

Bob

xnine

Test 2, it did not last even a day, put on morning and after supper it was done. Try again.

xnine

Test 3, I got 7 days. Test 4, I got 10 days. I think I will get another box next order.

w30bob

Snow? What's that?

:0)

newyorktorque

I can't get a bag to stick using only the bag. The barrier rings (one around my stoma and one attached to the back of my bag - I'm a one-piecer) help me get a good seal. I wish I could get away with using just the bag.

EAM

Does anyone use the silicone rings? I ordered a sample hoping they will help me get more wear time. The hydrocolloid rings just seem to melt away and not give much protection.

Thanks!

xnine

I tried them a few times, once good, once no. Keep us up to date.

Past Member

If you need extra rings, let me know. I can donate some.