Coloplast's Sensura Mio: High Volume Solution!

Replies
Views
Tickpol

A few days ago, I received some samples tailored for my situation from Coloplast. Due to my volume, I usually have to get up and empty at least 4 times a night. Last night, I emptied twice.

What I received were samples from their Sensura Mio line. It included a barrier, a ring, and 2 pouches. One pouch is normal-sized, and the other pouch reaches down to mid-thigh. Basically, I clicked and rinsed out the smaller pouch and clicked in the bigger pouch before I went to bed.

I thought it would be uncomfortable or ungainly to have such a large pouch in bed. It's big enough to hold over a liter of output.

I'm switching over from Hollister to Coloplast. I just received my shipment of Hollister gear, and I'm going to exchange it for the Coloplast. When I gave my feedback to Coloplast, they volunteered to send me more gear to tide me over until my order is replaced.

Coloplast must really be making a play for market dominance.

I'm having trouble uploading images, so that will have to wait for later.

Dave

lovely

Happy for you getting help. Thanks for sharing the information. It will probably help others.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,574 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

I love Coloplast. Well, I love almost all about the Coloplast system except the click system for the two-piece appliance, and it's a game changer for me. Can't stand it! Love everything else about them though. One day I hope to come back to them when they change that. Not until. Glad they have something for you guys to use. We all need our sleep!

Puppy

britathrt60

It's great that you have had help from Coloplast. Hope it works out for you.

Ange

newyorktorque

Hey Ticpol. I've been using Coloplast almost the entire time of my ostomy. When I was in a nursing home, they only had Convatec, but I like Coloplast's flexibility for me anyway. Glad to hear they're helping you out as well.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
w30bob

Yo Tickster,

Thanks for the line on the jumbo bag.....it might come in useful someday. For me, I'm so used to only sleeping an hour or three that I kinda like it. I sure get a lot more done than when I slept 7-8 hours a day. I was toying with the idea of ostomy bag underwear for us high output types. Got to making a few tries at prototypes, but sitting down fast continues to present a challenge. Maybe if I honeycomb or compartmentalize it........like the Titanic. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

Regards,

Bob

Tickpol

I didn't think I'd like the click system but I haven't found it any harder to use than Hollister's Tupperware-style connection. Today I'm trying Coloplast's adhesive-style barrier and pouch. Figured I'd try it on a day I know I'd be home. I'm doing house cleaning so with all the bending and such, if it's going to fail then today's the day I'd find out.

For those folks in the Baltimore region, Johns Hopkins is looking for volunteers for a study of ostomy supplies. I don't know much about it and the contact hasn't called me back so that's all I really know now.

Dave

w30bob

Hi Dave,

Keep me in the loop on the Hopkins thing. I don't get up there much these days, with the city a homicidal mess and really nothing new to tell the Docs. I just don't have any reason to go. But I'm curious what they're up to.

Thanks,

Bob