Intestinal Pain: Need Help!

Replies
Views
Beth22
May 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Ok guys, I literally have no idea what is going on and it doesn't make sense.. Help.

I am having intestinal pain and have had it for 2 days now, but I drink water all day and have a drip drop. I am having output that is normal.

Any ideas?

Justbreathe
May 15, 2022 9:43 pm

Drip drop as in hydration drink? I used that for about a week and started having stomach pain (similar to trapped gas). It was the only new thing in my regular diet - so I stopped drinking it...in a couple of days, I was back to normal....not sure if Drip Drop was the reason, but I am just throwing it out there for your consideration. Hope you feel better soon!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,834 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beth22
May 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Just breathe,

Thank you and normally I would completely agree with you. I have been drinking it for about 2 months now and haven't had cramping from it. I did have to take antibiotics for a tooth issue though (liquid form). I had the last round about 3 days ago.

Nanax8
May 16, 2022 3:19 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Try a heating pad on the stomach. This has helped my stomach aches. Only had to use it for about an hour and this stops my cramps.

Beth22
May 16, 2022 4:37 pm
Reply to Nanax8

Nanax,

Thank you. I do use one, but it doesn't work for me. Lol, probably because I used one for 17 years. I'm really glad it works for you. That's great relief when you have cramps. A hot shower will help until I get out. Hahaha, maybe I should just move in there for a while until the cramping stops.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
paynejk
May 16, 2022 8:01 pm

Be cautious of severe cramping, especially if you are still undergoing chemo. During my post-op chemotherapy, I would get severe cramping usually the day after the pump was removed. I informed my doctors (surgeon, oncologist) about my symptoms, and they pretty much wrote it off as a temporary intestinal blockage. Since it only lasted 2-3 hours, they felt confident in their diagnosis. At the end of my fourth round of chemo, I began experiencing severe abdominal pain once again. This time, however, it did not abate after 3 or even 5 hours, and I went to the ER. By the time I was able to get admitted and a CT was performed, my strangulated bowel had become necrotic, and sepsis was setting in. The attending surgeon wasn't sure at the time of surgery that I could be saved. With the help of God, my surgeon was able to save my life (minus 40cm of my small intestines). If this continues, you may want to be more insistent that they screen you for a possible bowel strangulation.

Bluelion59
May 16, 2022 9:41 pm

I had an ileostomy 3 years ago. I suffered with abdominal pain every day until my gastro doc, after tests, came to the conclusion that I suffered with scar tissue. I went to physical therapy along with mild pain pills, and the pain is gone. The treatment was 6 to 8 weeks, but it worked.

Beth22
May 16, 2022 10:05 pm
Reply to Bluelion59

Did yours start right after you had your ileostomy or did it take a couple of weeks when you felt the pain?

Redondo
May 16, 2022 10:32 pm

I have had my ileostomy for almost 50 years. In the last 3 years, I also have been experiencing cramps. My gastro doctor did a CT scan to rule out nothing wrong, which there wasn't. She determined that it is likely scar tissue and to fix it might create more. But, she did prescribe Dicyclomine 10 mg. I take them when I have cramps and they really help. But, your pain could be a number of different things, so it's best to schedule an appointment with your GI doctor. Best of luck and hope you get help soon.

Beth22
May 19, 2022 11:53 am
Reply to Redondo

Hey Redondo,

So I ended up going to the ER since I was having nausea and severe dizziness with it. They did a CT scan and found no blockages or swelling or anything else. Blood work came back good, no infections. My levels were just a tiny bit low on potassium. They gave me the same medication you had mentioned for muscle spasms, although it doesn't work for me which sucks. But all my other issues I am up to date on with my gastro and my colon and rectal surgeon and my primary. So that's why it makes no sense. The cramps aren't as bad as they were, but I am still having some. However, my output is not affected in any way. I can only think of two things: either it's from the antibiotics I had to take and my body is trying to get back to normal after taking them, or nerves from the rectum going haywire. Unless you have any other ideas?

Beth22
May 19, 2022 11:53 am
Reply to c57557555

I did try chamomile tea.

NewlifeVictoria
Jun 02, 2022 10:56 pm
Reply to Beth22

Hi, I have pain and cramping a lot. It depends on what I eat and definitely the antibiotics. I just took them as well for my teeth. I also take Hyoscyamine 0.125, Zofran, and pain meds every day, four times a day, and I've been doing this for a while.

Do you eat anything? I know I have issues with many things I eat, but many people here can eat them. Anyway, try them from your doctors. If you want to email me or chat here, I hope you're feeling a little better every day. Soon, the antibiotics will be out of your system, but they can also cause issues for me with many foods! Have a great day! Victoria

NewlifeVictoria
Jun 06, 2022 2:34 pm

Hi, I hope you're feeling even a little better.

Do you watch what you eat? I know a lot don't.

I have to, and many things bother me.

How about dairy? I can't have any or I get cramps and pain so much it's crazy. But anyway, I wanted to say hello. I hope you're feeling better today!
To be honest, I have a lot of pain and a lot is gas. Gas X helps, and drink water a lot and hot stuff.

Have a great week.

Victoria

md.sodano1
Jun 17, 2022 8:51 pm
Reply to Beth22

I have an ileostomy and was having some pain which never happened before. It scared me to be honest. But reading your posts reassures me. Thank you!

Homie With A Stomie NS
Aug 14, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi Beth....Rumor has it Drip Drop is known to cause this pain in some....give up the drip for a few days, stick with water, juices, etc., and see if that helps...

Tracy