Embracing My Clumsiness: Life's Shenanigans and Finding Love

Replies
Views
clumsylady

I had a very nice comment on a previous blog suggesting that since things were falling into place, it might just be time to change up the name 'Clumsy Lady' (I use this pen-name on multiple sites). I responded by saying that I had owned it. I'm the clumsiest person I've ever met, but it keeps things interesting. I have banana-peel moments on a regular basis, and last night was no exception.

For those of you who have been reading my blogs, you know I have recently started dating a guy who is totally cool with the fact that I have 2 kids and an ostomy, so I wanted to give him a little test last night. He came over after I put the boys to bed to watch a movie (I don't want to introduce them just yet). A little while after he got here, I asked if he minded if I changed into something more comfortable. He got a big dorky grin on his face and said he didn't. So I went to change and put on my Dr. Seuss pajama pants and a t-shirt. The hair went into a ponytail and my glasses finally made their debut... As I came around the corner, I said, "Normally when people say they're going to 'slip into something more comfortable', they come out in something really sexy - but I am sooo not that kind of girl." He laughed and said he wished he had his pajamas with him :)... He told me he likes that I keep it real, and that I'm a low maintenance kind of girl, despite everything I have going on. - He passed the test, lol.

So of course, my Clumsy decided to come out in full force, I guess Karma figured I needed to keep it really real. We went outside and as I was walking down the stairs, I slipped. I fell down four stairs before I caught myself, broke off a fingernail, and stubbed my toe. I just sat there for a minute laughing as he rushed to see if I was ok. It still amazes me that I get embarrassed, you'd think I'd be used to it by now... but I think that's just because I actually like him :)

As much as I'd like to escape the title 'Clumsy Lady', it's never going to happen... So like I said, I've owned it. Life is full of shenanigans and I am so thankful to be healthy enough to experience all of them.

Past Member

Hi Clumsy, I really like reading your blogs and I'm so pleased he passed the test, although you fell and ended up laughing at it all probably made things easy on his part. Waiting with bated breath for the next episode lol..tc ambies...x

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,528 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

clumsylady

Thanks, girl :)

PJT

You hit it on the nail, Clumsy. Having an appliance is a small price to pay for our health and maybe even our lives. I agree with Ambies. I'm looking forward to your next installment!

Bill
I do like your style ( your blog) and I'm pleased for you that you have found someone who appears to appreciate you as you are.Best wishesBill

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Loving it!!!! Will be looking forward to your future posts. Whoo_Hoo, I'm so-o-o excited. Oh...sorry about the nail and toe, LOL. Beg

Jamie93

Did anything happen to the bag itself when you fell down those stairs?