Whilst contemplating this I find
an irony will cross my mind.
That this design must be a joke
in order to embarrass folk.

Who would design an anus where
to shit, you really need a chair?
For it can be a real nightmare
without control of crap down there.

Sometimes I find I cachinnate (laugh loudly)
when thinking how we urinate
through an exit coupled to
the same tubes we, our sex pursue.

Thus, to gain our sexual pleasure
comes disgust in equal measure.
But who would make us pay this price
to choose between things not so nice?

Why not design outlets for waste
in front and round about our waist?
So it is more conducive to
managing our pee and poo.

Why not have a system where
we catch the waste in bags from there?
Disposing of it to suit us
without the usual toilet fuss.

Having stomas might work best,
as these have been put to the test
and found to do the job quite well
whilst working with what we expel.

B. Withers 2018

Pirrip

Nice one, Bill!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,595 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Thanks Pirrip. I just love the way that rhyming verse can be used to express things with a smidgen of humour, irony or sarcasm that would probably not be acceptable in normal conversation.
Best wishes Bill
Angelicamarie

Bill... you're a very good writer. You have and continue to be my teacher. You inspire me!!! My favorite rhyme that you wrote is "I am nobody." That one touched my soul, perhaps it was me that you wrote it for. Though you didn't know it. Thanks!

Angelicamarie

Bill
Hello Angelicamarie.
Thank you for your supportive comments and for your appreciation of the rhymes. From my perspective, learning is not at all one way as we learn from each other. Fancy you remembering 'I am a nobody'. I could not remember ever blogging it on here, but then it dawned on me that I posted it on my profile.
Interestingly,I have just included it in my latest book on humour in sickness called 'laugh or lament'. I began with the motivation of writing a script for stand-up comedy. However, as I progressed with the writing, I realised that I was already something of a stand-up comic with the people I meet everyday. I then had to question why I was thinking I might perform in front of an audience. This led me to conclude that performers are people who want to be 'somebody' - so I have dropped that idea in favour of remaining a 'nobody'. Fortunately, I have finished the book, as this sort of full stop is just the sort of demotivation to give us writer's block.
Best wishes
Bill

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister