Spread Positivity: Reach Out to 3 People and Make a Difference!

Replies
Views
Lacey

During these pandemic times, we are limited in what we can physically do outside our homes. I'm lucky enough that I can work from home, so I am still employed, but socially I am on lockdown and it sucks. So I revisited this site I had randomly come across previously. I have messaged new members, as I think they are at least still around. Whether it's a picture or something on their profile that connects with me, I let them know. We are all on here for interaction, so put yourselves out there. It doesn't matter what gender, what country, we all have that "bag" so go for it. So, yes, I challenge you to reach out to 3 people. A message in someone's inbox in times like these might just mean the world to someone's mental health who is on lockdown. If not for them, do it for yourself and pat yourself on the back for taking a chance and putting in the effort to improve someone else's day. Peace out. Cheers!

Past Member

Hi Lacey,
Very well said, you are so right. Thanks, mtnman

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,512 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Lacey. Thanks for this blog and I agree with your sentiments about reaching out to people, particularly at this difficult time, but also as a matter of habit when this thing is past. I don't think that a lot of people realise how difficult it is when people feel lonely and isolated. The simple 'cure' for that is to have someone 'friendly' make contact on a regular basis. Almost every one of my past 'clients' informed me that they had felt seriously suicidal in those times of loneliness and isolation. A sobering thought!!
Best wishes
Bill
Little Lulu

Hi, Lacey. You have some good ideas about reaching out to people. So many are on lockdown alone, which really sucks. Everyone can use some human contact. Thanks for reaching out and challenging us!
Regards, Lucy

iMacG5

Great advice from your wise, compassionate friends.
Mike

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
vollovr

Don't want to sound like a smartass but I'm tired of hearing the whining and oh poor lonely me. I work in healthcare and if you could walk in our shoes for just one day, I think you would be grateful to be in lockdown instead of watching the horror that could be you!!

iMacG5

I have family working at the hospital in Hackensack, NJ. I would gladly change places with her. As a former Director of Operations for a NJ hospital, I was able to learn what all you folks do. We never had a pandemic, but knowing a little about community transmission, I worry every day about all you folks, especially those often taken for granted like those in maintenance, housekeeping, dietary, central supply, security, and the entire staff needed to make us better if not to actually save our lives. I respect your comments, admire all your efforts, and you don't sound like a smartxxx to me. Please don't forget I'm an ostomate. We don't do the "Lonesome Me" thing except when we listen to it sung by Don Gibson or the Everly Brothers. Respectfully, Mike

vollovr

Hey Mike, thank you for the kind response and understanding. Guess I'm being a little harsh, but I get tired of hearing people complain about being inside or how it sucks to be on lockdown. I think people who are alive and well should be grateful. I'm an ostomate too (9 surgeries) and have been close to death. God has blessed my life, so in turn, I hope I can be a blessing to others in such discouraging times.