Bertie's Journey: Overcoming Challenges and Finding Success with an Ileostomy

Replies
Views
stolencolen

I only swim in the ocean. I used to use pools but decided the ocean is less monotonous.

stolencolen

I'm thinking the clothing is dependent on the type of ostomy and the type of swimming you do? I have a Koch pouch and prefer ocean swimming, so for me, a wetsuit and no patch works best. Likely, if you have leaking issues or an ileostomy, you will want to wear some type of appliance or patch?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,806 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kray

What is the big deal about swimming? Put on a swimming suit (I must admit I wear a spandex panty under mine to keep the appliance close to my body) and choose a suit with a pattern or ruching on the side with the pouch. Then get in the water. I do water aerobics or swim or even sit in a hot tub. No problems. You can't stop living because you have a different way to eliminate waste. Go enjoy life!!