Getting to Know You: Ostomy Lifestyle Quiz

Replies
Views
Ostomate & woundr

Hey, how about one of those get-to-know-you quizzes like they do on other types of social media?

But without the evil overlord gathering the data.

Not all of them are easy.

What do you like to do for fun now and how is it different from before you had an ostomy?
Are you a social extrovert or a shy introvert?
Are you a morning person or a night person?
Are you a light sleeper, insomniac, or the proverbial sleeping log?
Do you prefer paper or plastic?
Caffeinated or decaffeinated?
Here's a tough one: have you ever been rejected directly because of your ostomy?
What do you think of animals?
How many brands of ostomy products have you tried before settling on the ones you use now?
What's the best thing about Christmas?
Have you ever faked anything?
Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?
Best vacation spot you've ever been?
Best vacation spot you've never been?
I think it would be easier for readers to follow along if you cut and paste the questions and just answer them after the question mark. But I'm pretty sure everybody here is a grown-up; you can do it any way you want to.

Beth22

This is a really cool idea. I like it. Also, it brings me back to my younger early teen years of taking quizzes. Great job. I'm digging it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,528 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ostomate & woundr

Sorry, I didn't know that cut and paste was going to be impossible. At least with some products. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and there is a way. If you drag up from the bottom of the screen, you have two choices: screenshot or select. When you pick select, it highlights text and you can cut and paste from there. But sometimes it's a little glitchy. If anybody wants me to send it to them, give me, I don't know, an email address or something. I'm clueless here, but I don't want to take it down because it looks like it would be fun. I guess maybe we can just answer with numbers one through 15.

Ostomate & woundr

Then spend time with my family. My children were still young then, and we still did things like go to amusement parks and fairs, and travel just a small bit, and love movies and reading. Now I spend time with my grandchildren. I make busy boxes, at least I did before I started dialysis, so a little bit of woodworking, and I still love movies. And although I read, I listen to stories on Audible or similar, and music.
Social extrovert (I can just hear Gomer Pyle saying "Surprise, surprise, surprise")
Night person. I do my best work between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Kind of all of the above. It's been my observation that because of possibilities of leaks and the need to empty frequently, a lot of ostomates don't get solid sleep and then fall asleep like the dead when the opportunity presents or when their body just takes over.
To be honest, I could care less. I just thought it would round out the question list so I could make it to 15.
Coffee and tea, but all in moderation.
Short answer: Yes.
In general, I'm a dog person. I'm allergic to cats, and when my children began to become independent, my husband had to remind me that we now had the equivalent of cats; they were no longer going to behave like dogs.
If I count peripheral products like skin barriers and skin cements and deodorizers, etc., at least 100, and I know this because at the wound/ostomy conventions, we got inundated with every product known to man. Since there were something along the order of a thousand vendors in a wound and ostomy room, I'm breaking it down, figuring at least 10% of those gave me samples that I tried.
Watching little kids open their gifts doesn't matter if it's a classic wooden toy or the latest tech, I love them all.
Short answer: yes, but I'm not saying what.
Chocolate. I'm rather convinced that chocolate is catnip for women.
17 Mile Drive, California Coast, Carmel-by-the-Sea. I'm convinced it's the most beautiful place on Earth.
Strange as it sounds, I had a dream to take my family to Disney World, but my kids grew up faster than I could make enough money to get us there, and then illness took over, first me and then their dad.

Best vacation spot you've ever been?
Best vacation spot you've never been?

Beth22

After ostomy surgery, it has been a blessing and I am completely proud to have my bag.

I am a complete extrovert. I used to stay up late, now I fall asleep around 11. I am up frequently, of course, throughout the night and about once a month it all falls hard and I sleep solid. Rejected, I just had a dentist that did and pushed me off to another dentist. Christmas is my favorite. I love making personal gifts that have a heartfelt meaning and giving them to my family, the togetherness, the warmth, and love and joy in the season. Products, I have tried every product on the market except ones in the UK. They won't send to the US and can only use one because I am allergic to literally every other one, along with powders, tube paste, silicone products as well, barrier rings I cannot at all use, etc.. Best vacation spot, that's a little tough to say, a state, but I am a sucker for the mountains and staying in a cabin with some snow. I am an animal person. I have had cats and now I have my dasey dog for 12-13 years now. I love my coffee in the morning, lol.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Ostomate & woundr
Reply to Beth22

Apologies, I thought I deleted one of these duplicates or near-duplicates, and admin has requested this one be removed. If it accidentally takes this with it, I wanted you to be aware of what was going on.

Beth22

Ok, thank you for letting me know.