Burning, Itching: Need Immediate Relief for Sore from Leakage

Replies
Views
DS
Apr 18, 2024 6:14 pm

I have a bad sore from leakage. While waiting for Marathon liquid adhesive to come in the mail, is there anything else I can do or an alternate product I can buy from, say, CVS?

Hisbiscus
Apr 18, 2024 6:42 pm

Domboro soaks. It's a packet you mix with water. Make the solution and wet paper towels with it and lay them around the stoma and the area that's affected. Let it sit for a bit. It works wonders. My stoma nurse had me do it before.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl
Apr 19, 2024 1:23 pm

Hi D

Get some micropore tape from the chemist and stick it over the wound site, then put the bag on as usual (tape goes between your skin and the bag). It should give you some relief until your supplies arrive. Get some moldable rings to try should it happen again.

Beachboy
Apr 20, 2024 12:19 am
Reply to Axl

That's a great idea. I'm gonna get some of that tape for my ostomy supply kit.

Beachboy
Apr 20, 2024 12:22 am

Just bought some on Amazon, 3M brand.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Axl
Apr 20, 2024 10:33 am
Reply to Beachboy

That's the one. The tip came from a guy on here some time back, cheap, quick, and easy.