Post-Colostomy: Sharp Spasms and Urge to Poo and Pee Simultaneously

Replies
Views
dianenewby58
Apr 28, 2024 9:43 am

Hi all, I had a colostomy 4 weeks ago and also have a catheter. I am experiencing a sharp spasm in my lower stomach with a feeling that I need to poo and wee at the same time. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Caz67
Apr 28, 2024 11:18 am

Hi Diane

Welcome to the site first of all.

Are you actually passing any urine into your catheter bag? Are you passing stool in your stoma bag? Any pain? Any other symptoms? If you can answer the above, then we can advise/support accordingly. Xx

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ron in mich
Apr 28, 2024 1:34 pm

Hi Diane, welcome to the site. Have you had the cath in for 4 months? That seems like a long time. Maybe call your doctor and get an appointment.

aTraveler
Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm

On two occasions after my colostomy, I did pass poo from my rectum and I did urinate along with the poo. I was still in the hospital when this happened, so I discussed it with the surgeon, and he said it was not unusual that residual poo would clear out. I didn't have the spasms you mentioned. If that continues, you will need to consult with your doctors. I did experience really painful lower abdominal pain, which an MRI revealed to be constipation.

Morning glory
Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm

Welcome to the site. You might place a call to Dr. You can perhaps clear up the concern as well as maybe get a script for bladder spasms.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
dianenewby58
Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am
Reply to Caz67

Yes, I'm passing stool into my stoma and urine through the catheter, but I'm getting bad cramping every so often, and it feels like I'm pooing runny stuff.

Caz67
Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am
Reply to dianenewby58

Thanks for your reply. With the abdominal pain, I would advise a call to your GP just to be on the safe side to rule out infection. xx