Looking for Advice on Hip Thruster Machine and Lifting with an Ileostomy

Replies
Views
drums_weights_ileostomy
May 06, 2024 12:06 am

I am a gym rat and was wondering if there's anyone out there who's had experience with a hip thruster machine. And, if there are other lifters out there, I'd love to hear from you. I had an ileostomy when I was 17. I'm now 68.

AlexT
May 06, 2024 6:03 am

Never tried an actual machine. Good way to build your butt muscles. 🤷‍♂️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

J1390
May 07, 2024 4:55 pm

Hey sir, looking good! I'm a gym rat as well, and when it comes to anything involving my core, I strictly stay with calisthenics with a small amount of weight holding a plate. Being at a huge risk for hernias has kept me away from squats, deadlifts, and hip thrusters. I've been a gym-goer for 20 years now, and I feel and look the best I've ever been. In terms of hip thrusts, I've mainly focused on glute bridges and found that holding a 25-45 plate on my chest while I do them is a great alternative. Hope all is well!