Looking for someone with a similar experience with colitis and ileostomy

Replies
Views
Past Member
Sep 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello Mr. Hamster, my story is much the same, extremely fit at 200, 135 after surgery, happened fast, surgery or death. I tell people to take nothing for granted, because it can all change in a second. In ICU being pumped full of antibiotics, fluids, and hemoglobin.

Kiwi Al
Aug 15, 2023 7:32 am

Hi, I can relate. I had UC for more than 10 years. I tried every drug that was available in New Zealand. I was on a drug trial for a drug called Etrilizumab that changed my life for just over a year. Then the trial was abandoned because results weren't consistent enough for the drug to be licensed. Over the next 12 months, my life went to hell. I was going to the bathroom up to 30 times per day, had accidents because I was stuck in traffic and couldn't get to a bathroom. In the end, I had surgery and am 3 months post Ileostomy. I can tell you this is the best I have felt for 10 years. I am 64 years old, work out 4 to 5 times per week, swim, snorkel, go hunting, and ride my motorcycle, all things I haven't been able to do for a few years.
Embrace the change, accept what you have, and live your best life.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.