Recommendations for Post-Op Pressure Cushion?

Replies
Views
bemused
Jun 16, 2019 8:30 am

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good pressure cushion after surgery? I am waiting on a date for total proctocolectomy with permanent ileostomy and just trying to get organized and take my mind off the upcoming surgery!

Many thanks

mild_mannered_super_hero
Jun 16, 2019 10:48 am

I can't be of any help on the cushion, but I can wish you good luck with your surgery and recovery :) The waiting is the hard part, I remember it well even though it's been decades.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,883 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

newnormal
Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm

The EHOB inflatable waffle cushion is the best! It made life bearable after having my rectum/anus removed. Wishing you the best on upcoming surgery.

Morning glory
Jun 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery.

Sasquatch
Jun 17, 2019 10:49 am

I'll second that, this is the only thing I used after my proctectomy.   My surgeon gave me mine after surgery, didn't cost a dime.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
bemused
Jun 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks, Mild Mannered, yes the waiting is the hardest part!

bemused
Jun 17, 2019 4:40 pm

Thanks, new normal. I will take a look.

bemused
Jun 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your input.