Android Games in PC

Views: 12 Replies: 0

barbie butt clothes to wear...

Views: 78 Replies: 4

What worked for me hope my ...

Views: 37 Replies: 0

Just for Laughs

View unanswered forum posts

Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator   OstoMySecrets   It's in the Bag and Under the Covers by Brenda Elsagher  

Ostomy | Colostomy | Ileostomy | Urostomy | Ostomy Surgery & Procedures | Ostomy Reversal | Ostomy Tips | J-pouch
Clothing, Swimming & Ostomy | Hernia & Ostomy | Intimacy, Dating & Ostomy | Ostomy Pouch Covers | Foods, Diet & Ostomy

Pain and pressure at backside.........

Go to page: 1, 2  Next

Welcome to the greatest Ostomy Community

4,406 members interested in a relationship

9,663 members looking for support

102,505 exchanged private messages

45,958 forum posts

1,209 blogs

63 nurses

Get support      Make friends      Meet someone special

MeetAnOstoMate.org

Forum Home Page -> Ostomy-related questions

Reply to topic   Post new topic Create your account  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
 sharon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Pain and pressure at backside......... Reply with quote

Has anyone out there who has a permanent ileostomy and you get so much pressure and a pain shooting up your rectum while just standing there where it literally makes you drop and brings tears to your eyes??

I have been getting these shooting pains one once a week  or once every two weeks   Embarassed  It puts me in a sweat and it only lasts from a moment to maybe three, but there is such pressure where I feel that something needs to evacuate, and sometimes some feces do come out! The family doctor doesn't know what to tell me! I was once told that I was stappled shut back there, so I don't know!
I am wondering if anyone elce has experienced this before and what the cause is or is this something else we must live with!
Thankyou for reading this post and please if you know of any answers please let me know!  Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Phantom pains Reply with quote

I have had an ileo for more than 30 years & occasionally get phantom pains, and dreams of defecating.
Sometimes when I sneeze it is even now very painful.
But my rectum & anus are removed and very certainly I'm stitched up back there.
If people have limbs amputated they sometimes complain of phantom pains-- so perhaps we are the same.
any way good luck.
 tarababy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Shooting pains Reply with quote

Hi Sharon,i too have had them.I am an ileostomate of 3 yrs,and let me tell u,,having a baby has nothing on this pain.I got a cold a few mths after and the coughing actually brought on the first one,so i put it down to too much pressure on things in the tummy maybe.Then when the second one hit--it felt like a ball of rock(a big one)was making its way thru my intestines.This was making its way down to my Stanley my stoma,, then it felt like something really big was being forced out thru Stanley.The bag
 healthy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back pain comes in two forms, acute and chronic like Acute pain comes on suddenly and intensely and Chronic pain is recurring. back pain is preventable so don't be worried. For most people, drugs work well to control pain and discomfort. But any medication can have side effects.
 tarababy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

Thanks for ur comments , im not sure on Sharons pain but i can gaurantee this is no back pain...this pain is travelling....just because it seems to start somewhere back there!!lol...its not from a bad back...bad backside maybe..but hey i havent had them for a little while ..keep fingers crossed...but i know what u mean sharon..let u know if i find out what it is..cya  seasons greetings to all
 Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Pain in the Butt Reply with quote

Hi Sharon.....yes, yes...yes.
I know exactly what you mean. Sorry you have experienced this but thank goodness I'm not the only person on this planet who has experienced it.
The pain shoots up my redundant rectum like something demented.
Then I have felt like I was going to lay an Elephant. No chance of that as after my permanent Ileostomy I was all sewn up there.
My Doctor was no help at all so I just prey it doesn't happen too often.
I'm sorry I haven't any answer.
It's a while since you posted this message.....is it still happening to you?
I do hope not.
Butterfly

Last edited by Butterfly on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharon

Do you mean after proctectomy? i used to get these pains when i had my temp ileostomy and i had them for about 6 months after my proctectomy which where apparentky phantom pains (didnt feel very phantom lol)
Hope they ease soon x
 lisam3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Hi Sharon Reply with quote

Just to let you know that I too get that pain up the back side.  It is the worst pain of all.  I have suppositories that I use, but the pain comes on so quick that it is too late to use them.  I don't know exactly what causes this.  I have a rectal shute and that is where it is stapled closed.  If you find a solution please let me know.  Thank you. Embarassed

Last edited by lisam3 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharon,
I get that too every once in a while. I think it is a spasm of some sort in the colon.
 lisam3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Pain up the backside!!!!! Reply with quote

mercutio wrote:
sharon,
I get that too every once in a while. I think it is a spasm of some sort in the colon.

Mercutio: I don't have any colon left.  I have an ileostomy.  That means that all the colon has been removed.  Still have the rectum though.  The pain is just horrific.  Doesn't last long but while it is happening it takes you to the floor.  I don't believe it is phantom pain either.  It has something to do with where the surgeon cut the colon from the rectum. Embarassed

Last edited by lisam3 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
 tarababy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, i am an ileostomate with my colon still.I also experienced that pain in the early stages of getting this nightmare...Now almost 4 yrs on and i dont get it any more...So i do think it was phantom pain....no doctor could tell me..Guess no doctor has one of these then..thats why they know so little..How can u if u never had one...thanks..good luck
 mjr2007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Pains. Reply with quote

hi i dont no exactly how helpful this wil be but i have experienced the exact pains your mentionin.

i am still only a temp ileostomate, i was told that because mine is a loop ileo it has something to do wiv the left-over feaces leaking from the colon and this builds up into stooles.

dont take this as a fact because it has not been proved yet.

hope this helps a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Lower rectal pain Reply with quote

Sharon,

I have an ileostomy for 29 years. I can assure you that I know exactly what you mean by that rectal pain. It is very disconcerting. It appears from out of the blue and can last for a variable amount of time. I really don't know what the cause is. (I have some theories, but I won't bore you with them). The lower abdominal pain that originates from the lower back and radiates to the front and can last for a considerable amount of time could be the result of a bolus cramp. What happens here is that you have eaten too much roughage such as raw carrots, peanuts and things like that. Usually, you just have to wait this out. I have had some really bad ones over the years. Be careful with your food combos.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I still have most of my colon but have experienced a similar pain quite often. I was originally told that as I still had my rectum that I would occassionally feel the need to pass some mucus. However a few weeks after my surgery there was still no sign of mucus and the pain and pressure in my lower back and rectum area was severe. I decided to irrigate my back passage and I passed several very large stone like lumps. I have quite a bit of medical training and the only thing I can imagine is that these were lumps of hardened mucus. The relief was immediate. The pain and the pressure will start to build up again usually once a week or so. When it happens now I use a gylcerine supository and this usually clears all out and does the trick  : Wink
 bamatex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Rectum Pain Reply with quote

I have an ileostomy & still have my stapled shut rectum. When I was still experiencing bad pains there after my surgery I consulted my surgeon. He told me that, even tho I'd had my colon removed I still had some UC in my rectum. That may be what's causing your pain. If you're like me it will occur less & less frequently as time goes on. Good luck.

Go to page: 1, 2  Next

G-ads

Other topics

Reply to topic    Forum Home Page -> Ostomy-related questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: