Chat Room

In this discussion
Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2

I've been popping in and out of the chatroom on a daily basis for about 10 months. I've only managed to chat with about 5 people! It could be a world time difference thing... USA, UK, Australia, etc. I don't bother so much now, bit of a waste of time.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

janice

I'm in and out often. I talked to one person so far. Hopefully more will visit.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
junopete

There is something wrong with the chat room on this site. It's not in real time as far as who is said to be online. Either that or the method in which the receiving user is contacted is flawed.

Rick.....
Past Member

I've talked to 6 people in the last week. I think one of the secrets to success is to stay a while waiting for contact and not pop in and out. I refresh the home regularly and it gives a more accurate indication of how many are online or in the chatroom. JLV

Past Member

Just chat, folks. JLV

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
boatlady

I too come into the chat room, never met a soul. Perhaps we should take a time check and all come on at the same time. I usually come in late as I have a problem sleeping. I am in the UK, so people in the US should be around, but no, not even a boogeyman!!! LOL

panhead511

The last time that I was in the chat room, there were 4-5 of us talking and having a good time. I haven't really seen anyone in there for a while. It is a place for us to meet one another and talk about our ostomies or life in general. Come on, people, let's start talking! LOL

Past Member

Good news, guys,

Today, about 5 hours ago, there were five of us at once in the chatroom! We were chatting for ages.

Aussie hugs and cheers, Julie

Mike
   I think we all should hang out in the chatroom first and see what happens.
weewee

Been hanging out in the chat room, watching people come and go on Mountain Time Zone. Here, I talked with JLV a couple of days ago. We had 5 peeps in at once, then they all bailed.

tarababy

I was on there yesterday... chatted nicely to JLV and lottagelady... I do believe to sit and wait a bit, especially if you see others online... works... curiosity always gets me... or I have had the private chat... but sometimes it pops up and I say accept... then there is nobody on the other end... mmm... not sure what's going on there... but the chatting is good, shame there's not more of it... I'm waiting in the chat room as we chat now... and last look there was about 6 of us online... Too much to read too maybe... lol... ok I'm done... cya's

isabella

Hi, I've not long joined this site and have been able to use the one-to-one chat a few times. Although it seems to cut off often, can anyone tell me why the chat room often says there are 2 or 3 people in there, but when I go in, no one is there? Is it just me? I admit I'm not the best on the PC, but this seems odd!

boatlady
I see I made a comment here Aug 2009 and I have still only chatted to 1 person in the general chat room whats up you all too shy?
Primeboy
Hi Boatlady,
General Chat becomes pretty busy around 10:30 EST, mostly Americans and Canadians. Our ostomates from UK and Australia are usually not here at that time. Join us.
Prime
Past Member
Hi Prime,

to all you other people talking about the chat rooms.....................

Prime and I have a bit of history and the only connection we have is through

the different "TOPIC" forums," lets talk", ask a question"," crack a joke", etc.

As a matter of fact I have never been in a chat before, but I really enjoy the "TOPIC"

You should try it sometime, right Prime?
Primeboy
Chatting and posting are excellent ways to communicate and I tend to do a lot of both here. One way or the other, this place is busy and I enjoy my visits with friends and future friends. Chat on! Post on! Whatever works for you.
littlewheel
I think some people just are not into chatting. Perhaps they can't type fast enough, or find communication via a keyboard boring. If you go in, and no one is there, just leave it open, and turn on the sound. Then you can open a new window (by clicking your browser icon again) and do what you do on the internet (check e-mail, facebook, or whatever) and if you hear the "pop" sound through your speakers, then someone just said something. Hope this helps.
Xerxes
Boatlady,

I suspect that at various times of the day the chat room has its regulars for that particular period. Yes, they do come and go rather quickly, but the regulars are just that, regulars. As Prime says, the room is particularly busy at 10:30 pm EST; filled with ppl from the US, Canada and ocasionally Australia. I agree with all, that it is a great way of communicating.

X_
Past Member
Maybe we can organize some other time(s) so that there can be more regularly scheduled chaos ?