Ostomy Reversal Post-op

Replies
Views
tomdog372001

I must be one of the lucky ones, I had my surgery on June 30. Home from the hospital 3 days later with no complications. Back at work 14 days later. I was scared going into the reversal surgery, with all the bad experiences posted on this site. My thoughts are if you have the option to have reversal surgery, you should go for it. Best thing I have done!

Now if I can go 6 months for follow-up tests with positive results, I will be a real cancer survivor.

Good luck to all who have ostomy!

Beaner

I also was a reversal success. Almost three years later, I can truly say it was one of the best decisions of my life. The experience of a colostomy changed my whole outlook on life. I feel joy in every moment of my existence. Yes, ostomies, I felt it when I had the colostomy because it allowed me to continue life. I am a more compassionate person because of both experiences. Beaner

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mollymoo

Hi Tomdog

Thank you for that. It is so good to hear your good news after reading the negative implications, and it gives me faith somewhat. I only hope that after my colonoscopy and venal consultation, they will agree to reverse my ileostomy for the second time. I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed for me and your continued health. Best wishes.