A Question

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Sven

It has occurred to me that I will not be able to buy my supplies for much longer. I would think the solution to that would be a reversal, but I wonder what the physical requirements for that are. I mean, I have a roughly two-inch stump left of my colon. Might that be enough room? The ostomy is also making it a bit difficult to find a decent paying job in my area so I could have insurance outside of my father's. Throwing around the idea of this reversal, also, because I think it has made my depression worse, and my meds have to be frequently changed or upped. Thoughts? Also, sorry for the crummy grammar. This site and phones do not mix well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Hello, sorry you are having trouble paying for your supplies. Have you contacted anyone about getting help? Some of the companies do offer assistance to those who qualify. There are also government agencies that are in place to help. What was the reason for your op? You might try Googling "ostomy supplies for those on limited income." There is a place that provides free supplies but I can't remember who posted it or the name of the place. Perhaps someone else will have other suggestions.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Sven

I will hopefully - within the next few weeks; fingers crossed - be getting a better job that would allow me to pay off my medical bills and have enough to cover a reversal. I guess what I should have posted (forgot to take my meds yesterday morning, which explains the horrible quality of the original post) is that I'm wondering if a reversal is possible with that amount of room left.

Pinky
#203 Southeast TX Golden Triangle
Beaumont, TX
409-745-1944
Visit Website