Pain In My Incision

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Dlanham77

I have a colostomy and am having pain in my incision. My surgery was March 11th. This is my second surgery. I had a colostomy last August, reversal was March 3rd but I had an anastomotic leak so a second colostomy was needed. My concern is my ongoing pain in my incision and soreness when I move around a lot. I did not experience this pain with my first surgery. Any thoughts or similar experience?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Dlanham77. You were fortunate with your first surgery not to have pain afterwards as this is often part of the healing process. However, I would always have things checked out thoroughly if I was concerned about anything that caused pain. If you can find out for sure that your pain is due to the healing process then it will probably put your mind at ease. If it is due to something else then this could and should be spotted at the earliest possible opportunity so that something can be done about it.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
walderpeee

Hi! I had a temporary colostomy - then a year later they made it permanent. I did have pain in the incision on the second one. I ended up having an infection (cellulitis) in the incision site, and had to be hospitalized for a few days. Is the new colostomy in the area of the old site? I suggest watching for signs of redness and heat. Best of luck to you!