Hi There.

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Searchingforafriend

Hello, I just joined, would like to talk to someone.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

Hello again

To talk in a forum you have to post what you want to talk about. Then we can answer you with a reply.....

So what's going on with you? Appliance issue? Leaks? Clothes? Just let us know and we will try and help!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Searchingforafriend

Hi Mrs. A! I'm having a number of issues. Right now it's acceptance, possible future relationship with a woman. Emotional, mental health issue related to my new body. I feel inadequate, less than the man I was.

Searchingforafriend

I'm not very comfortable talking about my bag. However, I found this site searching for someone who would possibly understand.

Thank you for your concern,

Bobby

Mrs.A

Hey Bobby,

It's okay, we've all been there. Once you realize that this is the new way your body has to take care of one particular function then I hope you can know that, that's all it is. It's a physical change. You are still the same person and although it may not appear that way just yet, it will. I know it is easier said then done but once you do realize this and accept it, life will be much easier to take on the bigger issues.

I hope you will become comfortable here talking about what is going on with your new function because we are all the same here in that area.

it really does get easier and life becomes "normal" again.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Searchingforafriend

Thanks very much. Not long ago I was a very healthy man one minute then my life changed forever from a rocket propelled grenade in Iraq. Suddenly I was propelled into the world of surgery, doctors the medical world. I'm working on all this and making progress. As a Marine and a man I refuse to allow it to dictate my future. I've been trying to deal with it alone and come to understand that I need a little help.

Thanks for what you are doing here,

Mrs.A

Glad to hear you refuse to allow it to dictate your future. That is the way it has to be. Have you looked into irrigation of the stoma? There is great information on this site and many other places. Check out the forum and you will see that those who can irrigate don't uses a bag. They just need a cap because they do not evacuate daily.

Sorry to hear about your situation in Iraq, glad your home.

Searchingforafriend

I have an ileostomy with high output. So I don't know about a cap. I will certainly look into it. Thanks

Past Member

to have high output it is a good sign just make sure to have a lots of drink to bring what you lose xxx

Searchingforafriend

Thanks, that's what I'm told. I'm doing my best to be patient.

Mrs.A

Ileostomy folks are not a canidate for irrigation. Sorry about that . But there are lots of folks here who have said the marshmellows do slow down the output for when they are changing their appliance. Keep searching and reading as much as you can here, I'm sure there is something that can help you out.

Pooter

I thought you had died. Remember you from Inspire

Mrs.A

You must be speaking to Bobby, Pooter. I don't recall ever posting on Inspire. If I did it must of been some time ago .

Pooter

Yes i was talking about Bobby. He said some things on Inspire that was not true.

Mrs.A

Okay