Re: Hello

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Jackiee

Hi,

I hsve just come out of a 20 yr relationship, I had my Ileostomy 10 yr ago that made no difference to my partner. Now I need to know answers to the same question you are asking but are we not going to be biased. I don't think it would make a difference to me if a guy had a bag on but as I have one its easy fir me to say that. The fact is we have these now and have to get on with life positively. All I know is I don't want to be alone. I am enjoying ;it at the ;moment and getting plenty of attention but not responding as feel like I have to hold bk. Al do when do you tell someone ;you have a bag on? When you get to know them? It's a hard one.

Hope ;your recovery ;goes well.

Jackie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Eaglespirit

Follow your intuition.......it will not fail you....

rob!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Jackiee

Thanks

Yes your ;probably ;right.

Jackiey

Eaglespirit

Believe it J, believe it. You sound like a lovely human being wanting the best for yourself.....stay with what and who you envision for yourself and it and he will come to you,

rob!

Past Member

I would just see how things go.

If a great friendship developed and yoy think it might

move forward beyond that it would be worth thinking about timing ;to bring the subject up.

To the right guy it won't matter

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Jackiee

Thank you for these kind words. I know ;there is a lot of kind considerate people out there.

Xx

Mrs.A

Hi Jackiee,

Welcome to the forum. I have read this question many times here. It seems many ostomates wonder the same thing, but everyone has their own ideas about what is best to do. The truth is it is an individul decision, no one can really give the best answer for each person. Relationships are special and only those in the relationship know how they feel about the other. We each have to learn when the time is right for ourselves.

I believe you will know when the time is right in each relationship you have with everyone you feel you need to tell.

Best Wishes