Help! What is this disintegrating plastic cage on my cheeks after anus/rectum removal surgery?

Replies
Views
Rapunzel 99
Oct 09, 2022 5:53 pm

Does anybody know what the plastic cage-like appliance is (glued?) to the uppermost part of my cheeks could be?
Surgery was Sep 1, 2022.
It is disintegrating, coming apart, but still glued.
Thanks

AlexT
Oct 09, 2022 6:44 pm

Not exactly. I had dissolvable stitches and they gradually fell apart along with the big scab where the wound healed.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,879 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Rapunzel 99
Oct 09, 2022 7:19 pm

I have dissolvable stitches also.
Thanks

AlexT
Oct 09, 2022 7:28 pm

No idea what the cage-like things are unless it's something to hold your cheeks together while the wound heals. Mine felt like a rope back there until the scab gradually fell apart.

Morning glory
Oct 11, 2022 1:11 am

Call your doctor and ask....

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK
Oct 11, 2022 9:01 pm

I am now very curious to know what is the 'plastic cage-like appliance' you speak of?

warrior
Dec 09, 2022 6:33 am
Reply to SallyK

Me too as I am looking at the same surgery in 2023. Please explain the details. Thanks. - Warrior

warrior
Dec 09, 2022 6:33 am

Me curious!! Details. Thanks. Warrior.