Married couples with stomas - any out there?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses the experiences and challenges faced by married couples with stomas, providing support and advice for navigating intimacy and daily life.
cagabolsa

To avoid lengthy non-related threads, please only answer if you do know of a couple, or if you are in this situation yourself.

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know if there is anybody out there actually married to another ostomate?
If so, do you/they both have an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy, or a combination of either one of them.

I have googled this question and did not find an answer.

Okay, okay, if you live together, you can also expose yourself.

Thank you, bye bye

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bikerboy

Hello cagabolsa
In my 2 years of having my ileostomy, I haven't heard of any couple both with a married ostomy. But one of the biggest problems that I have seen on this site is that when one of the couples did have an ostomy, there was almost always a divorce. It's just what I've read on these pages. But personally, I think it would be fun. And if the chance comes for me to find love again, I will look for an ostomate first.
bikerboy greg

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member
Er... yes, I would like to expose myself... I have an ostomy. Sure makes it easier if there are any strange noises at night... I just ask... Was that you or me...???
Past Member
Er...... Yes, I would like to expose myself............. I have an ostomy-mate. Sure makes it easier if there are any strange noises at night... I just ask... Was that you or me...???            

And yes, I can vouch for that as I am Mild Mannered's ostomy-mate!      I have been here in Kentucky for the past 8-9 months living with the superhero and ain't it just grand!

So distance should not be a problem for anyone wishing to hook up here (two continents and the Pacific Ocean being quite the distance)!

Cheers,

Jo x    
gutenberg
Just let me say, all this exposing has made me very happy, Ed

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Pinky

How did you two actually "meet" in person, with such an enormous geographic distance between you? BTW - there's an awful lot of "smiley" faces on your posts...you are obviously having TOO much fun in Kentucky!
PS - Jo, you know that all of us gals on this site wish we had MMSHs too! ;

Tiggy

I have never heard of or known a couple who were both ostomates, though I do know a number of couples personally where one has an ostomy and the other does not.

As for me, I am a non-ostomate, living with and deeply in love with a man who has no colon due to colitis. We are very happy.

lottagelady

Isn't exposing oneself illegal in most places??

Rach xxxxxx

baba

I met an ostomate on this site!! He has since had a reversal (successful I might add) and it has been a truly wonderful 15 months.!!

Past Member
Forgot to mention, I have an ileostomy and MMSH has a colostomy (and both are permanent fixtures).

I also know of other couples who have met on here but who wish to remain anonymous.

Cheers again,

Jo x    
tippitop

I met my partner on this site, we both have ileostomies. We have much more in common than the stomas but it sure helps!

Tippitop

NancyAnn

Hi, I just wanted to say I met someone on this site as well. He lives in the UK but comes to visit and we both have urostomies. It is funny because we have similar situations even though we are from opposite sides of the world.

jayson

Hello! We are a 37-year-old couple that both have an ostomy... Mine was the result of bladder cancer and hers was a bladder birth defect... We definitely have our share of problems, but we are very happy and have been together for 25 years! Have a great day everyone!!

Tampabay

Just wondering, where do you live in Sarasota? I live in Bradenton. Maybe we could meet.

Maria

nogutz

Hello

Wow! Look at those results! I myself think it would be easier and less explaining, a partner that just knows! And that's enough. I do wish it was that easy. I do see a lot of people on this site that have lost their relationships, and sorry to hear. After the stoma and you come home from the hospital, seems to be the story... within the year for me, and thank goodness for that. Oh, someday I will be lucky as you couples. I think you would be able to focus on the relationship, with both of you having the same medical background somewhat.

Take care. No guts.

bes0642

Rach, you're too much! Very funny! Bob

lottagelady
Tee hee! xx
bikerboy

Hello Pinky, I guess you have heard my latest calling - the dreaded reversal.

single in wisconsin

Lol, lol! Who made the noise first was sooo damn funny because it's the truth.