Tea

In this discussion
Replies
Views
boss

Just a little tip for those of you with a colostomy. I was told by someone that Ballerina tea would help me with my bowel movement. Let me tell you, it really works, just have a cup a day or every other day. I was taking Miralax for the longest time and it was okay, but this tea really does the trick. It's hard to find; I bought mine in an Asian market.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pinky

Interesting! What is it? (I irrigate so I don't have a problem, but my mom could use a break from Miralax).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
boss

It is called Ballerina tea and I also irrigate. I had a hernia a year ago and the mesh made the opening smaller, so I have a hard time moving my bowels. The tea loosens everything up.

WOUNDED DOE

Boss, that is so wonderful for you to share! Natural methods are always the way to go, whenever one is able to,... and teas can be potent wonderful potions for our bodies, that is for certain......"Ballerina tea" I have never heard of before. I must look it up....I have an ileo, but I have friends off this site. I must pass this info on to. Thank you again.

Past Member

I do not have a problem and do not need that type of tea. I was nosy what the tea is, so I looked it up on the internet and found that it is made up of Chinese mallow (which I don't recognize) and senna. Here in my country, senna leaf tea is a well-known laxative.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mooza

Great info, boss. I will tell my friend Nancy. She has a terrible time. Her daughter can check it out to see what we can get here in Australia. And the cat lady, sorry Ganman (sorry), senna leaf. Great info. Thank you all so much. Good to have knowledge. It's power in a good way. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Love from Mooza.

boss

We talked at one time. Let's talk again.

Past Member

Never heard of Ballerina tea over here, wonder if it's the same as green tea, haven't tried that but it's getting popular. Think my hernia was caused by the dog pulling on the lead, but the doc doesn't want to operate on me anymore and says the mesh gets infected and causes more trouble than leaving things alone unless the stoma becomes blocked. In my case, it would be an emergency. Had one blockage but managed to clear it by stopping eating and drinking a lot of fluids, then eventually out popped a small sliver of mushroom! - Keep well.