Looking for children with colostomy

Replies
Views
markndeb20
Hi, friends. I have been enjoying the updated topics and reading through your posts and stories. Though... I'm still looking for another family (families???) who have a boy born needing a permanent colostomy; or an adult male that was born needing a permanent colostomy... just to share stories that are similar and bounce questions/thoughts back and forth.

Everyone's stories are so helpful knowing our challenges with bags/changing wafers, etc. And my heart rips when I read when some of our ostomy friends need prayers and special guidance ... but I really want to meet someone who is also experiencing the challenges we have with our little guy (2 1/2 years old).

Anyone...?

Thanks, friends.

-Ryan's Mom
mooza

Hey, I don't know if this is any help. I am a long way away from you, but Australia has a magazine called Ostomy Australia. I read it at our association. It comes out quarterly, and I have read a few about little baby boys having these. We stock ones with teddy bears. Sad, but the pouches are cute. There is also one here that they tried to get me into after every operation. Y.O.U. (Young Ostomates United), sorry, would like to help more. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I did read the mum's story. Always read the baby ones for some reason. Get in touch with these people or email, check them out. I live all the way here, and I found this, so you never know, darlz. Good luck... Mare...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

There are some excellent stories in Ostomy Australia for parents with children with ostomies. I think you can download issues in PDF form on Google.

But if no one is forthcoming on here, Ryan's mom, have you tried the UOAA site (below link)? I know there is a section on there for parents. Good luck with finding some info, Ryan is beyond cute by the way!

https://www.ostomy.org/forum/index.php

markndeb20
Hi, friends. Thanks for the info on ostomy kids in the UK. I might have to link there just to even get online connections as I have found literally no one with a young boy in the same situation as Ryan in the United States. I know there are families (through connections from our doctors)... we ask the doctor to offer our phone number so they can call and chat (or even e-mail!). No one calls us. Very private families, I guess. I tried UOAA (I am a member) but, again, they couldn't confirm if any family was like ours and I couldn't afford the membership fee just to join, yet, another online support group when there are so many free.

Thanks, again, friends! I'll keep searching. -Ryan's mom
lottagelady

Hi, not sure if this is any use but came across these this morning??

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-Tummy-Foundation/239714250807

Hope so?

Love Rach xxx

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister