Women's Pants for Urostomy Bag Comfort and Convenience

Replies
Views
Peggl
Nov 05, 2023 5:48 am

First week using a urostomy. What kind of women's slacks do you buy that make it easy to deal with a urostomy bag? Love that big bulge at the side of my leg.

xnine
Nov 05, 2023 7:04 pm

Try overhauls, seen them at Walmart.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe
Nov 05, 2023 10:38 pm

This may be a challenge… I had no idea a pouch was located on the side of the leg??????
My ileostomy pouch is located next to my belly button, so as my hernia grows, so does my belly. Currently, I mostly wear tights with long, loose tops, which works for now… the tight pants restriction actually feels more comfortable than loose pants.

I am wondering if you can locate the pouch high up on the leg/thigh and cover it with a long top, or perhaps it's very low - like I said, I had no idea of locations - I didn't even discover ostomies until after I got one in emergency surgery.

If low, the good news is bell bottoms are back! Guess I should have Googled urostomy info first… you are probably shaking your head and laughing at my response right now - go ahead - I deserve it! jb