Bowel Supplements Post-Reversal

Replies
Views
bbbrain306
Nov 27, 2023 4:59 pm

Hello,

I had my reversal Nov. 20 and I've noticed I am slightly constipated. Having small, skinny little movements/pieces constantly and never feel totally fulfilled. I took a docusate sodium last night and my bowel movements were fuller, but I got pretty bad cramping and spasms from it. Also, I could absolutely not leave the toilet. Wondering what my next move should be. I am considering Metamucil to bulk things up. When did people start taking fiber supplements post-reversal?

CrappyColon
Nov 27, 2023 10:35 pm

What type of reversal did you have? Can you feel air moving through? (Yes, gas 😃)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,864 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bbbrain306
Nov 28, 2023 1:24 am
Reply to CrappyColon

Sorry, I should have mentioned. Ileostomy reversal. Yes, definitely passing gas!

Newhere
Nov 29, 2023 1:09 am

After my colostomy reversal, I was told to stay on a low-fiber diet for 8 weeks, and then add fiber slowly.

fermrar
Mar 13, 2024 9:13 pm
Reply to Newhere

Hi, did you have blood the first days after the reversal?

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister