Diet

Replies
Views
R1Kirby

I’ve had my ostomy for six months now.  Can I eat del monte canned cream style corn without any issues?

Beachboy

Good question.  Everyone is different.  Eat a small amount, chewed well.  Drink lots of water..... see what happens.  

Avoid fruit with skin still on.  Like an unpeeled apple.  Peel off the skin, you can then eat it safely.  The skin can cause a blockage in your stoma, which is no fun.  

No matter what you eat: chew, chew, chew it well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,527 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl

I eat anything and everything, introduce things slowly, at six months you should be well on your way to eating normally again. Just don't eat a huge amount of something you have been avoiding in one sitting, not yet anyway ...

Morning glory

Corn is the food that comes up very often on here. I can't  eat it without leaking. Others can. I would try any food in a very small amount and see if you can tolerate it.  I will  also say chew,  chew  and chew some more. Good luck.

Justbreathe

I suffer from corn scorn…without good reason - don’t think I’ve had it for 3-1/2 years now due to fear of blockage…knock on wood cause I haven’t had that yet either.  Chew chew chew is key as everyone sez - a good ole’ corn on the cob sounds wonderful to me so maybe in season I will give it a shot……uhhh prolly a poor choice of words, sorry….jb

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
AlexT

Eat in small amounts and find out, everyone is different.