Best Memories from Ostomy

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Mar 12, 2024 2:13 pm

I was just sitting here thinking back to the days when I first had gotten my ileostomy. Those were my best ostomy times even with all the finding correct products and learning curves. I was so happy to just poop and the bag was not an issue.

As time went on, I had hernia surgery and my ostomy turned into a bit of a nightmare. With a flat stoma and changing appliances with different adhesives, it is not such a joy anymore but an expensive nightmare of sorts. Challenging to say the least.

infinitycastle52777
Mar 12, 2024 9:43 pm

Sorry your ostomy is a pain these days. Hopefully, it will settle down again. I do know that things can get expensive with ostomy supplies and additional surgeries. It can be so frustrating to try to get everything you need and then get it all to work. I wish you well and hopefully, things will turn around for you in the near future.

Lee

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Mar 12, 2024 11:30 pm
Reply to infinitycastle52777

I wish I could be more positive about it, but I think it's the way the mesh was set. It's now just trying to deal with it the best I can. I sure do miss the old days, though. The hernia surgery did work very well, though, so that is a positive.