Currently online
2 members & 7 visitors

I am a 66-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Advertisement
Living with an ileostomy?
Psychologists at Hull University have teamed up with the Ileostomy Association to build an Online Educational Tool designed to reduce stress and boost happiness in people living with ileostomies.

If you would like to take part in a study testing this tool and potentially lifting your happiness levels, please contact: J.Spiers@Hull.ac.uk
Advertisement
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Latest Topics
ostomy supplies

Views: 56 Replies: 0

New to the site.

Views: 71 Replies: 1

Memorial Day

Views: 80 Replies: 1

help needed

Views: 181 Replies: 5

GETTING SORE OUTSIDE OF POU...

Views: 167 Replies: 2

Mucus discharge increased?

Views: 195 Replies: 2

Just for Laughs
View unanswered forum posts
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator

Shrunken Stoma

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org - the largest Online Ostomy Community
Watch MeetAnOstoMate Video
Get answers to your questions from other members.
Find ostomates in your area and around the world.
With so many great people, you just never know ...
Forum, Chat, Personal Blog, Private Messenger.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 pm
Has anyone ever had a problem with their stoma shrinking?  I'm in the middle of a 6 month battle with a blockage/fistula/malnutrition and my stoma has seriously shrunk.  It's less than  half the size it was before (its normal size).  I'm heading in for surgery in a few weeks to fix everything and I'm wondering if it will go back to its right size or if I'm going to have to have my surgeon fix it.

Thanks!
Punkyn

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:49 pm
I have never had that problem.  But I wanted to say good luck with your surgery!  If you ever need someone to talk to let me know.

Kevin

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:16 am
I am watching for replies to your question.  My stoma isn't all that interesting but isurgery was 10 months ago and I don't consider it to be stable in size.  Seems it is always changing.  Your question deals with something different but .... I would like to know.

If you get any answers, please post anything you find out.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 pm
A few years after my initial ileostomy surgery I needed to get a stoma revision because the stoma had changed shape. My surgeon explained that he had difficulty creating the original stoma because the ileum was inflamed from so many years of Crohn's and just being sick in general. After the revision everything has been fine. Perhaps the change in your stoma size may because the stoma is settling down from the swelling caused by the surgery.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.
G-ads
Other topics