Can you get hernias in your Barbie butt?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Telecaster

I have posted before on my itchy, sore, and even cold feeling scar tissue in my Barbie Butt, which hasn't improved despite creams, tablets, or trying to ignore it.

Could it be a small hernia causing my discomfort?

After the last inguinal hernia repair, could my abdominal pressure have transferred itself to my nether regions?

I can't see any bulge there, but when I take big steps or climb stairs, it almost feels as if something is pulling.

Maybe it's one of the little webs of skin I have all over that area, but walking definitely feels uncomfortable.

Ironically, riding a bike doesn't.

Also, I get the distinct feeling of downward pressure when I get up from a sitting or lying position, and then the itching, soreness, or coldness starts again.

How common (or not) are incisional hernias in sewn-up rectal areas?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DH

Yes, you could have a hernia in that area. I told my surgeon during a follow-up visit about the soreness and pulling sensations I would feel, usually when walking. It sometimes felt like something was going to drop out of my bottom. He first checked me for a hernia. He didn't feel any. He said that the pulling sensation was probably the muscle tissue I was feeling. And the soreness was a small hole that hadn't completely closed up yet. He explained that that part of the body takes longer to heal because air and sunlight can't get to it. He told me to put a little bit of Desitin cream on the area. Eventually, the soreness went away. But I still occasionally get that weird pulling sensation. But yes, you could have a hernia or possibly an infection. It's best to have your doctor check it all out.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Telecaster

Sorry, I should have added that I have had this Barbie Butt for 12 years without any problems, until just two weeks after I had a groin hernia repair.

It's not a recently removed one, and at the time I had it, it took only about 4-5 weeks to heal up very well. It has never troubled me since.

Until now.

I can't see any evidence of anything bulging or looking out of place there at all, just a constant feeling of it either itching, feeling sore, or feeling cold and wet.

In fact, after sitting for some time, the feeling even seems to move upwards to just under my coccyx too sometimes.

Driving me nuts, I tell you!!!

Past Member

Yes, I believe you can, except I have a Ken Butt. Since I'm a boy.

Telecaster

And believe me, this one has got many doctors baffled too.

One said it was increased abdominal pressure stretching tissue that hadn't been stretched for a while.

Another said that couldn't happen.

Another said it was a yeast infection.

Another said it was a bit of tissue pulling.

The surgeon who did the groin hernia repair simply washed his hands of it, having anything to do with the repair.

I have tried creams, tablets, Anusol, stretching, being active, being sedentary.

I have tried lots of walking, avoiding walking, sitting down lots, standing up lots.

To no avail.

I personally think it's abdominal pressure from having the inguinal hernia pushed back in, that is pressing either on that area and making it stretch more, or something is pressing on a nerve somewhere.

Or maybe I have got a hernia there, it's just I can see no bulge or anything untoward there at all.

I do have a couple of little enlarged veins in there, but docs said that couldn't really cause that much trouble, and the Anusol would relieve it.

Which it only does mildly.

Until I see my original surgeon who did my ileostomy and proctectomy, I think we are all guessing.

I'm going to go off on my hols and try to ignore it as much as I can.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister