For the Cancer Survivors Amongst Us

Replies
Views
StarUK
some one send this to me and i love the song

Trish
mild_mannered_super_hero
ok, thats about the most beautiful and touching video i`v ever seen...thank you for posting it.....and yes, i`m a cancer survivor . bravo....
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DH
Thank you for posting that video. That song really does hit home for me . I have never heard that one before. I think I will go get that CD.Donna
sineadmcc
Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful song, as a cancer survivor who's husband walked out on my children and i when i got sick, it reminded me of how my family, sisters, brother, parents, relatives and friends have been there by my bedside right through the last ten yrs and continue to do so. Sometimes, like you, i wonder will i ever have a special somebody to hold me close at night . I miss that. love and hugs, Sinead
Primeboy
Wow!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
gordonc

Hi Sineadmcc, My wife walked out on me and our two kids (mine now). Life can be shit, but it can also be good too, I picked myslef up found someone else and have been happy ever after.

sineadmcc

Hi Gordon, really needed to hear that, Iv just been through another 4 ops and really feel lonely and miserable, I feel I have nothing to offer anyone and miss the emothional support on a partner or that special someone, Im to scared to put myself out there. Feel like as soon as someone sees the bags and scars they would run a mile but anyway thankyou for the reply and Im glad things worked out for you . lv Sinead

gordonc

hello again Sineadmcc. Keep smiling, there is someone for everyone.

Past Member

I am new to this, and waiting for a reversal surgery, sometime in the future. The whole situation around my surgery was pretty traumatic. It's been ten months, and I am beginning to recover emotionally, even though I have some bad days, but I can see my optimism, and hopeful spirit coming back. I can't imagine four operations, and all that you've been through. That means you are strong, a true survivor, now is when we come to know what we are made of, saying it is tough is such an understatement. You are so beautiful, and strong, and have a supportive family. I think we must overcome the fear of rejection, only advice I can give you is not to care about it, just find a way to use a belt, or cover, or something that will make it possible, and just not care. There are still sensitive, caring men out there, and when they see you, they will be attracted to all your beautiful inner wealth. Just try to find that confidence, even arrogance, if they don't accept you, their problem. But, someone will. I have a feeling this may turn into a blessing after all, I have learned so much, so much is so clear now. You are lucky you are beautiful, and young, just find that tiger in you, and find intimacy, so many ways to have it, so many, if women needed a penis to have great sex, there would not be lesbians; you need a real man, and I know there is one there somewhere where you live. Have you ever met one of those amazing souls with incredible disabilities who are joyful and happy to be alive that have this contagious positive spirit, that make everyone smile around them, that is the confidence we need, the attitude we need, and to work towards finding that place, a process, long, short, but for sure achievable. You'll get there, your strength comes across your writing. Do not make a big deal out of it, others will if you do, let them see that beauty within, do yoga, try Buddhism, I don't know, stop traffic, it is there, somewhere within us. There is a saying in sales: 'do not make an issue where there is none', I think it applies to us also. Make a big deal, naturally, of all your other aspects, sides, this wil pass. Volunteering is a great way to meet sensitive men, find a passion if you can. I hope I can follow my own advise, I am trying.

iMacG5

Hi Trish, thanks for the post.  My Mac won't open the video so I would really appreciate the identity of the song so I can get it elswhere.

Thanks again,

Mike

StarUK

sorry the song is long gone from the site and i don't remember the name of it Trish