Raw Food/Diet/Herbs etc. for Healing Colon for Reversal?

Replies
Views
bluebelgirl
Hi guys, well I have six months until I may or may not be eligible for an end colostomy reversal.
I am so desperate to heal my colon from the inflammation/surgery etc and the chronic constipation that caused the perf, and I'm desperate to try anything that might help!

I am shaking up my diet, no more junk food for me, and I'm trying the alkaline diet atm.. lots of fruits and veggies, no refined sugar, no dairy, (I don't eat meat or fish anyway)
and I've added fresh veggie and fruit juicing to the mix, along with some superfoods like spirulina, coconut oil, plus some raw cocoa and lots of ground nuts and hemp for protein.
And herbs I'm taking are.. ginseng, marshmallow root, calendula, chamomile, mint, slippery elm and astragalus.

I am teetering on trying to up my raw food intake, as I've read so many success stories about the healing power of raw..

Have any of you tried any dietary or herbal changes to heal the bowel??
and what do peeps think about raw?? I'm wondering if it is too harsh for damaged bowels??

Also, I so need to lose weight but it's not happening atm, I'm so housebound with the colostomy and with the M.E/CFS and arthritis.
sunnydisposition.

Hi, first of all, if you have IBD? If you do, it needs controlling with Pentasa, which has very few side effects. Then, if you have inflammation, then my personal experience has been not to eat raw vegetables, but to try and eat a fiberless diet. It is a bit of a boring diet and does not seem healthy, but you can take supplements. This is what I have done in preparation for my reversal in 8 days and so far so good. No diarrhea or bloating.
The rule seems to be you can eat it cooked if it grows in the dark, so carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms are fine. But also be careful of the cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, onion, spinach.
Good luck, it is difficult and lots of trial and error x
Ruth x
If you like, we can get together and have a chat about it. I am in Newhaven.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

jjMonaVie
Hi,
I drink an all-natural juice. It is a blend of 19 juices and the main fruit is the acai berry.
The fruits are proven anti-inflammatories. They have spent millions of dollars researching the synergistic combination of fruits and berries. I have an ileostomy from UC and wish I had started drinking this juice years ago. It is changing my life.
Have a look at this site mymonavie.com/jillj for info.
bluebelgirl

Oh wow, that sounds awesome. I will look it up. Thank you.

maf

Hi, I personally had a colostomy when things did not go perfectly after removing a colon tumor. I had my reversal on Tuesday, it is now Friday and I feel great. Today I started on solid bland food but just ate an apple without skins also. I did a totally vegan diet the entire month of my colostomy. My doctor had asked me to eat eggs, meats, dairies...but I could not, I was healing from cancer...and removed flour, sugar, dairies, and meats. I did have loose stools...but did not care. It did not bother me, I just cleaned my bag and felt healthy. I also ate tons of nuts, supplements, and herbs. I did a lot of colloidal silver before surgery and after. I sent you a big kiss. You may want to check silitarius.org for healthy eating and colostomy.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister