Reversal

Replies
Views
Beaner

I am looking forward to a reversal in January. I have a colostomy due to a perforated bowel from a fistula - Crohn's. The surgeon wants me to do water enemas twice a week in preparation. Is this to cleanse or to stimulate the colon to work again? It has been 9 months since my surgery. Thanks...... Jean

banshie3by5

To stimulate. Good luck with surgery.
I had so much incontinence after my 1st resection due to fistulizing Crohn's, that after getting the ostomy with surgery #2, I kept my "temp" ostomy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beaner

Thanks, I am willing to try it once, if it doesn't work out, I would be fine having the ostomy for good. Did you have a lap or full surgery? How long were you symptom-free of your Crohn's?

banshie3by5

Full surgery, gutted like a fish from stem to stern. They resected one portion 1st surgery, 4 resections during 2nd surgery, including the ostomy. I have never gone back to regular stool. But otherwise I had 2 years of mostly pain-freeness. It's come back this year, bleck, but not too bad.

Beaner

I have been healthy, except for joint pain. After my surgery, they are putting me on azathioprine to hopefully keep me in remission, and apparently the meds will also help with the joint pain.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister