Ileostomy prolapse

Replies
Views
JoeP

I have had an ileostomy (Crohn's related) for 9 months now. At the start, it recessed, then a few months ago, it began protruding, and now it is about 15cm out. But at night when lying down, it often retracts all the way back.

Anyway, I have read about a surgical technique using a stapling device, where the surgery lasts 15 - 30 minutes and it is done under sedation.

Anyone experienced with having such a prolapse repaired? If so, how was it repaired and did the repair last?

mooza

Wow, never heard of that. I had one done though to make it stick out straighter, but it ended up being exactly the same. But don't know if that's what it was called! Called failure, LOL to me. I use a one-piece shallow convex Coloplast. Not sure if I was any help here, matey, but I haven't had a leak and the shallow pouches do keep it pushed out...

Good luck if you get it done. Give us a yell or send your doc down to here in Australia, free??? He can stay with us, LOL. Hope you find those answers. Ours seem to find any excuse not to muck about with our stomas, but you might have a great case for having it done...XXXXXXXXXXXX

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo X X X X

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.