Reversal

Replies
Views
latina63

Well... I will be having my reversal in Oct. 2012. I had my surgery back in Nov, 2011. I have heard so much about the reversal that I don't know what to think! LOL. I am connected at the rectum but disconnected from the colon with an end ileostomy. I'm just wondering if anybody out there has this same scenario and how the reversal was done. My only place to reconnect is from the ileostomy site itself since my colon is connected to my rectum. Primary tumor was in my rectum.. Thank for any info.. Sorry for sounding kinda confused LOL

Past Member

I also had a surgery in Nov 2011. It was removal of the entire colon. My first part of reversal is June 21 and the second is 2-3 months after. In my case, it is going to be a 2-stage surgery. If you still have a colon, it will be just one stage, I think. I also have an end elio at the moment.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

MJMuraco

I first had a colostomy done during emergency surgery back in September. My colon was perforated due to diverticulitis, which I didn't even know I had. I went in for surgery to reverse my colostomy on Feb. 2nd, only to wake up to an ileostomy bag on my other side. My surgeon said it would be temporary and give my colon a chance to heal all the way. I was quite upset and discouraged. The good news is I went in for another surgery on March 16th to take down the ileostomy, and I'm now bag-free! It was tough having so many surgeries, but I'm now on the road to a full recovery and looking forward to going back to work. My colon was connected to my colon like yours, so go for it! Good luck and let me know how you are.

latina63

Thanks for the info! I have now learned that it is not nearly as bad as the first surgery (abdominal)..so I am looking forward to it!