Reversal Scheduled!

Replies
Views
notexpectingthis

Ladies, gentlemen, help start my engine!!!!! I have a reversal scheduled for August 27th and need all of the prayer, good thoughts, and good karma I can get!!!

mild_mannered_super_hero

So happy for you..!! Please keep everyone here informed of your progress. This "successful reversal" topic comes up often, and I'm sure others will be looking forward to your input. Congrats...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Primeboy

Everything is going to be fine, especially with all of us sending you our best. PB

notexpectingthis

Thanks MMSH PRIMEBOY!!! Y'all keep 'em comin'!!!

bag_n_drag
Melissa-

You got it!

I know that you probably have those pre-reversal "jitters" right now....."Should I.....should I leave well enough alone".....gosh, I went back and forth SO much during those weeks right before my reversal. But, in retrospect, I am very glad that I went through with the procedure. I had a MUCH easier time with the actual surgery and recovery period.......and, the BM's have lessened to between 5-7 per day as long as I take my fiber, Lomotil, and Tincture of Opium.

As I stated in my earlier post, I still have episodes of PTSD.....I think we ALL do to a certain extent; some more than others. The more trauma related to the original problem, the more prone we are to the after-effects of same. They are getting better, though.....and I am so thankful for God's grace that allows me to be "human" and to work through these challenges. I know that I am not alone in any of this, and neither are you, my dear one. I KNOW that you will come out of your reversal surgery with a renewed sense of self-awareness and an uncanny ability to share YOUR continued journey with the rest of us! You are such a blessing to us here; and your "full circle" perspective will help many who are apprehensive about a reversal find a bit of a kindred spirit in you and your kindness and wisdom.

I have marked my calendar for 8-27; and will be bombarding you with prayers and good wishes on that day........and, every other day, too!

Keep me posted.

Darla

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister