Taking Care of My Ostomy at Church

In this discussion
Replies
Views
sierragoldie
A couple of weeks ago, just before the service was over, I went to the restroom because my bag was full and I didn't want to wait in line. When I came in, there were a couple of women in other stalls and as I sat there and opened up the bottom of my lock-n-roll bag, the women were washing up, chatting, and when they left they switched off the lights and it was really dark.

I sat there for a few moments holding up the end of the bag to keep it from draining, and thinking that church would surely be over soon, other women would come in, the lights would go on, and I could finish my job without worrying about making a mess. Nobody came. It seemed like forever.

So, eventually I began to just let it drain, and somehow in the process, I began to laugh....almost out loud! I was thinking just then how lucky I was that I wasn't blind, as well as having cancer and an ileostomy. I really couldn't stop laughing and thanking God!

I finished up the job, pulled up my slacks, flushed, and felt my way over to the light switches. Of course, I did go back into the stall to see if it was clean....and it was.

I know that I may not ever be cured....but I am healed. God is good!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

janice

What a great attitude! You are so right... God is good!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Faith4Today

Have either of you felt like God was trying to get your attention? The way he sort of stopped my "life as usual" during my time of recovery, it was almost like "Do I have your attention now?" and "What I was trying to say, while you were too busy to listen was......" This may sound strange, but being a few breaths away from dying, He sure got my attention.

panhead511

Amen and God bless you all. He works in mysterious ways!

janice

I haven't felt like he was trying to "get my attention" so to speak. I do know that he has his reasons for all of this. Just would be much easier if I knew what they were!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Frenchie55

I love your attitude, it brings a smile to my face.