Ostomy supplies

Replies
Views
gdw10

Does anyone know of a discount medical supply house that accepts assignment from Medicare without paying a deductible? Since I only have Medicare, I am on a Medicaid spend down, so I have to pay about $40.00 a month for my supplies. Presently, I am dealing with Sterling Medical Supply. I have a urostomy and colostomy, so I need both bags, which are very expensive.

Calico
Hi gdw10,

Have you found your supplier for Medicare yet? I have just recently started looking, as I just got Medicare last month. I went to Medicare.gov, got a login, and under medicare.gov/supplier click on durable medical equipment, put in your zip code, and it will put up a list of the DME. Click on OSTOMY SUPPLIES and it will give you the option to narrow your search to 10 miles (or more) of your zip code, and list suppliers in your area who take Medicare as payment in full. I just started calling each one till I find one who takes Medicare, who bills Medicare, and who takes Medicare as payment in full.

The same with doctors. You can find the doctors in your area who take Medicare as payment in full. If all else fails, I'm headed back to my surgeon next week. I'm going to ask them if they can assist in getting me a supplier who takes Medicare without having a deductible. Being on disability, my income is so limited, I cannot afford these out-of-pocket expenses!

I hope you have already found someone to help you!!!

Calico
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,365 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.