Dating With An Ostomy Stories

In this discussion
Replies
Views
txess
If you're single with a bag or were single with a bag (but now paired, partnered, or married) what kind of dating experiences did you have when told a prospective romantic partner about your ostomy? How and when did you choose to disclose?

Let's get some interesting reading and discussions going about dating with an ostomy. Please chime in with your story!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vulcanBMk2
There is already an Intimacy Dating section in the Forums listings ...No point in duplication !
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
txess
I got excited when I saw you replied vulcanBMk2, I thought you had a dating story to tell, but nope, just a gripe. LOL OK, I'll move the post over to the other section. PS I'm joking with ya!
vulcanBMk2
No problem txess !! I could tell you dating stories that would make your hair curl ...BUT !! I was younger in those days didn't have a Urostomy ......

" Oh bring back lost youth ...bid time return ....."
txess
Well darn vulcanBMk2,

dating stories that will make my hair curl are right up my alley. Alas, pre-ostomy doesn't count, well at least not for the the intent and purpose of the post. Those were the days my friend.....

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister