12,674 members   114,843 exchanged messages   50,670 forum posts
Advertisement
Currently online
1 visitors
Featured topic
So, now we’ve reached one of those topics I might not have the easiest time discussing, but I’m going to try, because, after all, this is still a huge thing when you have an ostomy.
Advertisement
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Latest Topics
Streamlined prescription se...

Views: 62 Replies: 1

Reversal

Views: 60 Replies: 0

Dumped because of ostomy

Views: 228 Replies: 3

ostomy. concerns

Views: 132 Replies: 3

Shingles

Views: 77 Replies: 1

no music

Views: 589 Replies: 24

Just for Laughs
View unanswered forum posts
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator

food allergy

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org - the largest Online Ostomy Community
Watch MeetAnOstoMate Video
Get answers to your questions from other members.
Find ostomates in your area and around the world.
With so many great people, you just never know ...
Forum, Chat, Personal Blog, Private Messenger.

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 pm
Does anyone with Chrohns also have food allergy like to wheat, diary, or corn ?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 am
I haven't formally tested myself for allergies, but I keep a food diary in casei notice a reaction to certain foods.  I have no doubt that everyone, even those without Crohn's have a sensitivity to something, even if it's too mild to notice through observation.

Why do you ask? Do you belive you have an allergy to a certain food?

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:26 pm
Wheat and Diary play havoc on my system.  I have not been formally tested but my doc says if it hurts don't do (eat) that.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:08 am
Yes!  And it took YEARS to figure it out.  I am lactose-intolerant, sensitive to eggs, and allergic to peppers.  My doc says it's the capascain in the peppers most likely.  I break out iin a rash head to toe when eating red pepper, green just makes me sick.  Black pepper is a different family.  

I also have a lot of nausea from eating certain meats.  I've been told it's most likely the liquids used to inject the meet.  And have trouble with a lot of meds, and the doc thinks it's the fillers used.  So it appears that artificial ingredients, additives are a problem, but we will never figure it out.  I try to purchase organic meats now, even though the cost is exhorbitant.  

Food allergy testing is, I am told, unreliable.  Mine were more apparent after being on TPN for a good length of time, then gradually re-introducing foods.  It took 50 years to find out eggs were a big culprit.  And they were one of the things I hate a lot when I was flaring. (Slow learner here).  

Hang in there.  It takes a lot of time and self-observation to figure out.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.
G-ads
Other topics