New Medical Problems After Surgery

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Family12

Hello,

I had a dr. appointment with my family doctor for the first time after my surgery today. I was supposed to have it in May. I had blood work done 2 weeks ago, so when I go in today he would have them. However, they called me yesterday to go today as they saw something. I went and now I find out that I have an underactive thyroid (whatever that means), low iron (which I knew and he gave me something for that), and low sugar?? What does that mean? What am I supposed to do...have any of you had these or any other thing after getting a temporary ileo done....what should I be looking for or do....any suggestions would help

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

Hi Family12,  Sorry you have these questions.  I have no answers but we know surgery can knock the crap out of us and it takes some time for our systems to get back where they belong.  I think your doctor should compare your numbers with those before surgery and explain why he/she thinks you have these new numbers.  What they mean and what you should do are questions your doctor must answer.  He/she owes you these answers.

Good luck and please keep us posted,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Anoniem18

You might check further at:

https://www.uniprix.com/fr/sante/medicaments/?gclid=CO-vkPTR_70CFexcMgodKVoAJg

What they may do is give you hormone supplements for an underactive thyroid, low iron they'll give you erofer - iron pills, and low sugar I can't answer since I have the opposite problem, but if your blood sugar is low, that can be rather undesirable. I don't think they will do anything (such as an operation) unless your blood sugar is at least 6 or above.

And no, I am not medically competent.

Hope this helps,

Ed