Best New Ostomy Products!

Replies
Views
txess

Safe n Simple Conforming Adhesive Seals: This is a new product that looks and feels just like Eakin or Adapt rings and are used in the same way. They look like regular rings, but they perform differently. The Safe n Simple Conforming Seals absorb moisture and actually "conform" to the stoma (like a turtle-necking effect), which prevents leaks onto my skin and increases my wear time. I can go 7 days without changing out my flange since I started using them. *Two thumbs up*

Sure Seal Rings: These are ultra thin, clear, breathable seals that go OVER your flange/wafer. They are a bit difficult to apply at first because they are so thin and transparent, but once you get the hange of it, they are awesome for added flange longevity and security. They 'seal' the flange very securely and keep everything in place. Typically, you apply them over your flange/wafer BEFORE you attach your bag. I like to wear one-pieces however, so I put on my one piece, then enlarge the hole in the Sure Seal to make it just big enough to push my bag through. *Two thumbs up*

These two products are the best new tools in my ostomy tool box, thus far. I will post other new discoveries as they hit the market and I discover them. I hope you will find them as helpful as well!

Past Member

The Safe N Simple seals sound interesting. I've used Eakin rings before, but they are really hit and miss for me. Does the "turtle-necking" constrict your stoma at all?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

txess

Safe N Simple Conforming Seals (rings) are so much better than regular rings, such as Eakin and Adapt. Make sure you try the Conforming ones, since Safe N Simple makes regular barrier rings as well. They look just like regular rings but they are much better at staying around the stoma and they last longer. They very gently 'hug' the stoma, they don't constrict or squeeze.

mara727

Have you tried the stoma collars by salts? Is it better than that: