Poo Coming from Rectum

In this discussion
Replies
Views
betrdanevr

I have a colostomy and I just had poo coming out of my rectum. It was like I was constipated, and then I had that happen. Not much, but I'm just curious.

I go for a colonoscopy tomorrow, so I'll see the doc. And no, I hadn't started prepping when this happened. :-)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,107 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Sandywr

It could have been mucus. My surgeon said that if I didn't irrigate the mucus every other week, it could harden and look like a bowel movement from the rectum. I have just started using glycerine suppositories for the mucus - it seemed to work better than an enema every other day. The suppository is lasting a week. My surgeon said that he has done reversals and the mucus is just stuck there and looks like a bowel movement.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Xerxes

Yes, it is probably mucus.

Fayemaxx
Fayemaxx:

I too have the solid waste from the rectum. I have been frightened, however my doctor has said the same as your information about the mucus, I am glad to know you suggested the suppositories in it. I have a double colostomy. Called a shotgun ostomy! Is this the same as yours, and I also want to know, does yours have an odor? Mine smells very strongly like dental work. I'm stumped, but at least it isn't an obnoxious smell.

Thank you so much for being brave in reference to this problem. I am new to this and would never have mentioned it.