Dating

Replies
Views
pammer

I can't believe I am telling you this but Im kinda starting to wonder about dating. Since my separation I have sworn off men. Didnt trust anyone or care to have a man in my life. I was to ill and my only focus was my children. But since my surgery I have been thinking it might be nice to have a man in my life. I am so lonely. It would be nice to email, txt and chat with someone. But unfortunately my self esteem is in the garbage even though ;Im trying to get past that. My surgery put me in a new place. But wouldnt know how to start meeting someone.

Daven68

hi pammer,

dont know that i can really offer any advice but just wanted you to know you are not alone. I often feel the exact way you do as im sure many others on here do as well. I ;have pretty much given up on the thought of ever being with someone again but you never know, stranger things have happened. But its not all bad, i have 4 cats to keep me company ( i have a soft spot ;for strays) and often find them better company than alot of people. Dont give up but be patient.

take care,

dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

shiningstar

I hope when you read this you are feeling much better about yourself. When I read your post it was like I was saying those words. I did actually, many years ago. But here I am still living and loving life. My marriage ended because of my surgery but I have learned to let it go. I still feel lonely at times but I reach out to someone who understands. If you ever want to talk I'll be here. Take care, Wanda

Past Member

I have had my ostomy since 1997. Had 4 resections and recently had surgery for lung cancer. Fortunately, I am cancer free but to say the least, damaged goods. I understand how it feels to want to have someone to relax, talk and be intimate with.

The best thing we can do is love ourselves as we are. How fortunate we are to live in a time where we can survive these devistating diagnoses and after some very invasive and difficult surgeries end up living a reasonably normal life. I am fortunate to have discovered there are women out there who don't care about my physical and sometimes emotional scars are. They see the man inside. After my divorce I thought I was destined to be alone. I still never know when it's right to tell someone I have an appliance, but surprisingly have found it's not an issue for most people.

So my advice is to experiment a little. What have you got to lose? Yes, you'll probably be disappointed and maybe hurt by some. But hey, you've been through stuff those people couldn't handle as well as you have. The ones that matter are the ones you'll keep in your life. As ;far as exposing that part of yourself to someone you like, I have found there's one pattern to stick to , go a little slower. A kiss on the cheek and your hand on their cheek will keep them coming back.