"YES"

Replies
Views
itchy23

Did any "YES" fans happen to catch thier latest tour earlier this year? For those in the "know" the line-up was Steve Howe Chris Sqire Alan White and the keyboardist from "ASIA", but no Jon Anderson. Instead they had this phenomenal kid who almost looked like a young Anderson but sounded to a "T" like Jon. Did anyone see this tour? Here is a trivia ?... what song does YES play at every single concert and drives the stoned crowd goofy?

GraphX12

WOW! Didn't even know they were touring! Is the keyboardist you're referring to Geoff Downes? Obviously I didn't catche the tour, but I SURE would have liked to! Would love to hear this vocallist you mentioned.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,316 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kbd

Would also have loved to catch that concert. Yes and Rush are two of my favorite bands.

GraphX12

I saw Rush back in 1976 ish(?). For all the "critics neglect" through the years, they put out an unbelievable sound for 3 guys. Neil Peart is THE BEST drummer on the planet!!!

Past Member

Cool! Shame Jon and Rick Wakeman couldn't be there.

I drove with a pack of friends from L.A. to Las Vegas, circa 1978 to see YES at the Alladin Theater. I don't even know if that theater still exists. It only held something like 1200 people and we had 3rd or 4th row seats.

They let me walk right in with a Super 8mm movie camera in a time where they were not allowing cameras at all the L.A. arenas. So somewhere around here I have a roll of Super 8mm film of YES from the late 70s. I think it was the original line-up. Pretty cool! No sound though. I should try to post it to YouTube.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
kbd

Rush are great musicians, and they are Yes fans.

I saw Rush during the Moving Pictures tour around 1981 I believe. I also saw them about two years ago. I've not seen Yes but would love to do so.

itchy23

Ya. It was G. Downes(of the Buggles), but cannot remember the singers name but close your eyes...its Anderson. I have seen them 5 times since "Yessongs" but a different line-up every time. This last time they played 3 entire albums. Fragile...Close to the Edge and Topographical Oceans(Wonderous Stories. It was a smaller venue than usual, so I managed to get a seat,front row right in front of Steve Howe.

itchy23

Try and upload it. I will check it out. If you have or can get hold of(or maybe its on Youtube) a copy of 90125(named 9012live) I was at that concert recorded in Edmonton, Alberta. Trevor Rabin and Tony Kaye with originals Anderson Squire and White.

GraphX12

SWEET!!!