LGBTQ+ Ostomates: Who's Here?

Replies
Views
hockey

I am wondering how many men and women who are gay or bisexual are on this site?

WAB

I guess someone would have to count them all, Joe... lol... Why do you want to know? Lol... It would be hard to do probably... as the only indication is when you want to chat... willing to chat with...? Which really is no indication... like me, I am willing to chat with anyone... sleep with is another question... lol... good luck...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WAB

Hi Joe.

I did a search... men looking for men and counted 150... women looking for women 22... but maybe that is not right... sounds way too off to me for the women and I am sure there are more women on here than men... my guess... anyhow just because they are looking... lol; the men... it does not mean they are looking for a date... they could be looking for a golf partner... lol...

macsac1

I had my butt sewed shut as part of my colostomy due to rectal cancer. How do gay men cope with the loss of being able to have anal sex?

transmission man

You just have to cope with it somehow and live your life and keep busy

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
WAB

Lol....this one caught my attention...............and I wonder what Transmission Man meant by keeping busy......lol............One thing..not all gay men are into anal sex..........some are either a top or a bottom..........lol........It is an assumption the straight world makes that all gay men want anal sex.............

transmission man

Well, anal sex is out, so you need to fill your life with other things. Always able to give blow jobs LOL

skyguyone

What an intriguing man you are. I am now just over one year since my surgery, and I am finding that life really is better with the colostomy than the quality of life I was experiencing without any rectal control due to the tumor. I never thought it would get better, but it has. I am traveling again, I am working a full schedule, and for the most part enjoying life except for one small thing...I haven't been able to go to the gym, which was my routine for years. Naturally at age 59, without exercise, and without being able to bend much...I feel like a beached whale. I see by your pics you look fit as a fiddle. May I ask, what is your secret? Did you experience weight gain after your surgery?

Thanks for any advice you have. I just have a very cool feeling about you as a person, and I didn't think you would mind me asking. I have not wholly jumped into this site, so all I can do is post like this. Cheers

Lloyd

Arkangeluz

I totally agree with you, because of CUCI they had to remove my colon, rectum, and anus, and I do enjoy having sex in different ways.

macsac1

Well, nothing else feels quite the same as anal sex.

Arkangeluz

Agreed.

Victor61

Me too, can't find anyone in Melbourne.

Past Member

I am new here. I guess you can add another to the gay list there lol.

NYC Banker

New here as well. Four weeks today after my surgery.

Past Member

Hi. Glad to meet someone from New York.

NYC Banker

Likewise and sorry for the late reply!

I just got back home from my reversal surgery. It went well.

Saulostomy, want to send me a PM?

-AA

kgroberts104

Hi Macsac1, I have had a stoma now since I was 27 and now in my early 40s. They left a stump attached to my anus, which now seems to have Crohn's in it, not the actual removed bowel.

For years now, my surgeon has been pushing me to have my anus removed. When I advised that I am gay and this is my sexual organ, he was very unimpressed and quite rude.

I then sought sexual psychological help in an attempt to try to become a top/active, despite always being a btm/passive in a gay male relationship.

This did not change, and furthermore, due to the depression and mental health issues plus nerve damage during surgery, I am not able to always get an erection even with medication, which makes the use of my anus even more important as it's the only form of sexual pleasure I will get.

I have read up that cancer survivors can have a procedure called Anterior Perineal Plane for ultra-low Anterior Resection, which removes the rectum and replaces it with some of their bowel and then reconnects, removing the stoma.

Personally, I'm not worried about reversal of the stoma, and I'd keep it, but the idea of having the rectum replaced with healthy bowel tissue, which would allow me to have sex, is a game changer for me. My only problem is that this is seen as normal for cancer patients but not for Crohn's patients. I have also read up on human and equality rights, as I am sure that as a gay man, I should not be assessed for this procedure as if I was a straight patient.

I totally get why you have asked this question, as it's not a case of just switching sexual positions. Would a straight man just go gay and have anal sex if he had his penis removed? NO!

And I personally take the comment further down that said just find something else like blow jobs as not only offensive but a clear show of lack of intelligence and maturity. Maybe he should find something else like a bus to walk in front of, as this is a real issue for people and should not be mocked by an insensitive idiot.