2nd Surgery: Redoing Ostomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Sask girl

Hi all,

I've just spent the last month in the hospital due to an abscess due to Crohn's. On IV meds but they are not.

Doing the job. I am opting to have surgery to remove the abscess and a 2nd fistula. The surgeon will have to redo my entire ostomy and possibly move sites.

Has anyone else gone through this? What were your experiences?

Thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

Hi Sask girl,

I haven't been where you are, but I hope you are doing better and have found some information from your doctor or even an ostomy support group. When are you having your op?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mooza

Yes, I have been in similar positions. Yep, 3 times. I really miss my first stoma. She was pretty perfect and catalogue material. Lol, haha. I have had problems with my 2nd stoma, not as round and perfect. So, check your ostomy as I had to get onto a shallow pouch and ended up with a huge ulcer. So, yep, my stoma she's moved house onto the left hand side. I found it quite hard using lefty, but God forbid, no more space for another stoma :)

So remember, you may not or may get an even perfect stoma. I have seen some horrific, insanely huge stomas. Yep, still osty volunteering our ostomy supplies :) Good luck, Matey MOOZ