Joint Pain post ileostomy surgery

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Dieseldog

Hello

Post prednisone medication I have been experiencing rather severe joint pain. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you explain why this is happening and how long I should expect it to last?

Thanks

Dale

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Im just saying were you on steroids because one of my many operations i have still got a sore right knee and just now this 4 weeks My shoulder I have crohns disease and im guessing 25 years later my steroid use or just the bloody rotten disease is starting to play the gAME AND iM OVER THAT , if u have an ostomy nurse q2uestionws ask them but im sure your anser might be helped her good luck matey , ps hope this is your last operation i have had about 8-9 now lost count cheers MOOZA

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mooza

god i answered that much to early in the morning .......Your bosy maybe coming off of steroids its called detoxing i guess i have had feet n joint pain for 12 years but having been on Roids i had to come off them after operation i lost about 10 kilos in fluid after being home a few days good luck mate X

LadyHope

Like you, I also experience joint pain. It was worse this past winter...at times I limped when I walked. I told everyone it was my shoes...ha ha ha. I did asked several doctors about the discomfort but they really do not give me a definitive answer. They just give me that look... you know the one. Anyway, I am guessing that it comes along with steriods combined with an autoimmune response to the UC. Fortunately, the warm weather has helped. I am grateful for the relief. Take care. LH

Cent4u

I too have this pain since my surgery! ;I had an ileostomy in August and I ache terrible!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister