Why are so many of the posts years old

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Rosiesmom

hi I am pretty new to all this, so maybe it is my mistake. A great many of the posts on the forum page are years old. Why is this. I find them interesting and would like to reply only ti realize it was posted 2 3 or maybe even 4 yrs. ago. Why? Are there not more recent ones

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

well, i think the post "scroll off" after enough post are entered after them. also some people will reply to an old post and it brings it back to the first page, that way popular topix posts can go on for quite a long time. nbsp; this site doesnt have a huge amount of traffic, please feel free to reply to any post you find interesting as some current members may not have seen it and had a chance to comment. we have a small, dedicated group of "regulars" who try to keep something interesting posted for all to enjoy, but many members simply do not post. help us out....post something.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Mrs.A

Hi Rosiesmom and welcome to the site,

I think having old posts are a great source of information for new comers and referal information for even some of us who are not so new to things. I agree with MMSH, go ahead and post a reply, it may just be something someone needs to hear!

Immarsh

Hi Rosie

, Welcome to the site. I've been a member, off and on, for about 4 years.....and remember when some of the old topics were posted. Best way to judge, is by "Latest Forum Topics"....are the current newest ones, and Popular Topics, may be old. But as MMSH said, you can stillanswer, or better yet, copy the old post that interests you, and post it as a new topic....

Feel free to post, respond, or send messages to the members. We're all here to support each other, and especially to welcome new comers . I haven't read your profile as yet...but will do so now.

Best Regards,

Marsha

vulcanBMk2

Just as the " Glacier Express " is the slowestexpress train service in the world . ( Average speed about 27 mph ) ...so this is possibly the slowest Forum in the world . ( Average probably 4 new posts per week ...if you are lucky )

Its the exclusive club syndrome...Not a lot of us about .... within that exclusivity , there are probablymore Tortoises than Hares ...Hence we dont move that fast .....

Anyway excuse me while I go back and edit an article I posted in 2008 ....I think I made a spelling mistake ....

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Rosiesmom

Thanx for the welcome. I have already learned quite a lot from disposable pouch liners ( will be a godsend when I go to Europe with my fam. Next week) to hand held bidet sprayer for rinsing pouches, it sore beats a jug of water, the most important thing I have learned (please do not think me condescending) is that iliostomy patients must have such bravery as when it comes too ostomies you guys most definitely have it the hardest. Compared to what you endure my Rosie is a peach. Proud to be an ostomies.

rosiesmom

Rosiesmom

Hi Marsha I havn,t seen your posts lately. Everything OK.

rosiesmom